Saturday, April 22, 2023

Yoke #2 Embroidered

 Yesterday was another cool raw day. The high got to 8.8C. This morning it is 2C and cloudy. We are to have sunshine and a high of 13C today.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I cleaned the living and dining areas of the house. I swept, dusted, and swept some more. Everything looks neat and tidy once again in those areas. 

I didn't walk yesterday as I was waiting for the lawn guy to come and give me a quote on mowing the lawn. He never showed up to talk to me but gave daughter-in-law the quote. I'm hiring him to mow once a week. I will call him to trim the hedge and power wash the house. That is if I don't do the house myself. 

The person who wanted his pants hemmed never showed last night. I sat and waited for him to no avail. It was a bust kind of day as I didn't walk or go out or do what I wanted to do. Just wait for people. 

My glucose reading was 6.0 this morning. A bit high but it lets me not worry when shopping with daughter-in-law this morning. I can walk as much as I want to. I will have to eat carefully though.

I also lost weight - 1.3 lbs and I'm happy about that. I'm slowly shedding the weight I put on while taking care of the Spousal Unit. He'd be proud of me for doing this which keeps me going. I'm proud about doing it also.  

Sewing

Soaking the yoke in a Dawn and water solution got rid of the blue mark. I retraced the pattern lines on the fabric, took out all the stitching and cut the stabilizer away. Once that was done, I restitched the lines to stabilize the fabric and turned up the hem on the curved edge. I got it hand basted down. 


I did trace and stitch out the other yoke. I thought I had the placement perfect but it is out. I have to trace the yoke lines again to get the flowers lined up. 

I need to work on adjusting slowly and carefully, draw the pattern lines, stitch on them, soak in a Dawn solution and then redraw the lines. Once done, I can turn up the hem on this yoke. It is a lot of work but this shirt is going to look fabulous when sewn up. Next up will be the back yoke. 

My brain is so full of "what to do" with the yokes that I haven't thought about the next project or my Cricut project for tomorrow. When the yokes are done, I will think about what I am going to do next. Something for the dolls so my brain can have a rest. 

Knitting

I knit on the vest last night and now have 3 cable patterns done. It is such an easy knit with such great results. 


The picture is horrible as I get so much shadowing at night. But you can see what I've done. 

Thoughts

    I hate saying that I will do something, make arrangements to get the item, and then the person doesn't show or let me know they aren't coming. I may refuse to do it now as it will have me pushing to get it done before the item is needed. 

    I am going to have to push myself to get more things done. I went through a funk as per usual and am now coming out of it. I need to get outside and clean up under the deck and in the shed. I have 3 days this week that will be warm enough. On the cooler days I need to work inside as I have lots to declutter and get things ready for the thrift shop. I will have to reverse that during the summer.

    The dreaded hedge is calling me to weed it. I will have to do it even if it prickles me and I will have to spend time picking out thorns. It didn't get done last summer so I need to make sure it gets done a couple of times this summer. 

Today

I am going shopping in the city with daughter-in-law while grandson is at soccer practice. Once home, I want to work on getting the second yoke to match the first one. I will knit tonight. I may even get outside for a bit and start cleaning up under the deck if it is warm enough. It may only be 20 minutes but I can do a lot in that time. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment