Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Gift Bags Completed

Yesterday was warmer with lots of sunshine and some cool winds. The high got to 7.9C. This morning it is 3C and we are to have sun, clouds, and a high of 12C. We are under a weather warning as we have freezing rain coming in on Wednesday night. 

Lifestyle

I headed out to Bedford yesterday morning and wondered if I would make it through one store. I was sore. I did make it through 2 stores and got everything on my list. I was quite happy that I got it done. 

At home, I took an Aleve to help with the pain and it did help. I walked further on my walk by one more power pole but walked less than on Sunday. I am happy that I was able to go further than the day before but I was achy when I got home. 

I did buy one more Christmas present for the family and have decided on two more items. I am trying to think about things I can buy monthly so I can be more prepared this year. 

Sewing

I spent my sewing time finishing the two gift bags. I interfaced the lining with a craft weight interfacing and sewed it together. I then fiddled around attaching the lining so it fit well. Once happy, I stitched them together. 

To stitch the lining, I used a thread colour called Kiwi and it matched the green of the lining perfectly. 

There is enough fabric left to make a shorter bag which I will embroider something Grinch on it. My Grinch sewing/crafting will almost be done for this year as I still want to make a wine bottle holder. The small bag will be cut out and ready to sew later this week. Then I can tidy up the cutting table ready to sew on the quilt. 

I got the brown iron on vinyl and crystals needed to make Christmas gift bags for both daughter and daughter-in-law. I also bought a wood board to make a welcome to our house sign. I will be gifting it. 

Knitting

I got the yarn for daughter's vest. She chose the oat colour yarn for the first one. 

I may get the blue yarn to make her one for Christmas.

I plan on making myself one in a different yarn. I do like pullover vests in the winter. 

I worked on the doll's sweater last night and have the sleeves attached. 

I will now be decreasing the raglan sleeves and then do the neckline. I do like the pattern up the front. Simple but effective.

Thoughts

    I am happy to be walking daily even though it tires me out. But, I won't get into shape if I don't walk. I keep hoping it will help my knee and hip get stronger. I did notice that I was much better in the stores yesterday morning. 

    I am loosing the water I retained. I am down .5 lb from yesterday morning. It will take a couple of more days for the rest to come off. My blood pressure is up a bit due to the fluid retention. 

    My IBS is improving a lot since starting the probiotics. I am happy with that and have added more food to my diet. It is still plenty bland except for the horseradish mustard. I will start adding more foods to my diet as time goes on.

Today

I see the doctor this morning. I have to get a few groceries due to the weather system coming in and Easter weekend. I want to walk twice today and work on Elliott's quilt. I will continue knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment