Sunday, April 09, 2023

More Quilting and Knitting On A Cool Day

Happy Easter

Yesterday was one cool day. The high got to 3.4C. The sun shone and the wind blew most of the day. This morning it is -2C with a windchill of -8C. It is suppose to be sunny and windy with a high of 7C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned the living room. That meant removing a lot of cat hair from the furniture, washing blankets, sweeping the floor and dusting. It was a big job but I am happy that it is done. 

I put clean blankets on the chair and Elliott spent a lot of time sniffing them. Not sure what he was smelling but am thinking it was the Spousal Unit. He would leave, come back, sniff some more and finally he got up and slept on the chair. 

I walked twice yesterday for a total of 1.5 km. It was cold and I hustled along trying to keep warm. My knee was sore and stiff on the 2nd walk due to the barometric pressure dropping. But I had to walk quickly to keep warm. My glucose reading at dinner was 3.8 which is low. I had a bit more rice for dinner to help it come back up to a more normal reading. 

Sewing

I spent time working on Elliott's quilt. Row 3's blocks were sewn together and quilted. I did much better with this row than row 2. 

I am hoping that I have enough thread for the bobbin to finish quilting it. I remove it to sew the blocks together as I don't want to buy another spool. I have other thread to hand sew the binding down. 

I quit when I had the three blocks done so I could end the day on a high note. 

I am looking forward to having this quilt done so I can see how it looks finished. It will go on the chair where Elliott sleeps. 

Knitting

I knit a total of 24 rows yesterday. The piece I knit is soft and cozy which makes it a delight to work on. 

I have to remember to pull my yarn tight when I am working as I get big sloppy stitches. The yarn does slip loose on the needles if I don't do that. 

Thoughts

    I spent a lot of time thinking about what foods I want to eat and what I have to give up in order to eat them. I will not eat brown rice so will have to give up canned fruit. My bread is high in fibre which allows me to have rice and pasta. I am eating more berries and less grapes as berries are lower in carbs. Some choices are hard to make but I am making them. The glucose numbers don't lie as they are in the good range when I make good choices.

    I am deciding to take two day trips a month this summer to explore. I will pack my lunch and take off. It will give me something to look forward to. The alternate weeks I will go shopping if needed. 

Today

I have the balance sheet to do and then I will play with the Cricut. I have a gift bag to put vinyl on and then sew up. I need to find fabric for two more gift bags. I won't be working on Elliott's quilt today. Nor will I be walking. I will knit tonight. It will be a quiet Easter Sunday for me. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment