Thursday, April 06, 2023

The Quilt Has Its Mistakes

 Yesterday was sunny and cool. The high got to 4C. Around 8 pm it started to rain which turned to snow and freezing rain overnight. This morning it is -1C. We are to have showers and a high of 10C today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned up the two bedrooms. They both look nice once again and smell less dusty. It is good to get both of them done in morning as I was sore due to the storm coming in. 

I did walk yesterday before lunch and then again in the afternoon. I did a total of 1.7 km which included taking 3 loads of recycling to the curb to be picked up this morning. I am pleased that I am getting more exercise. 

I am continuing to eat well and my glucose readings are well within the range the doctor wants me in. That tells me I am not over eating carbs and the walking is helping a lot. 

Elliott let me take his picture last night but he wasn't overly happy about it. 

I didn't have to bribe him but it was close to that. 

Sewing

I worked on Elliott's quilt and there was a bit fabric slippage when sewing row 1 and 2 together. I will have to watch that in the future. 

I stopped when I realized what was happening. I have to hand sew the seam at the back before quilting the center row. Overall I am happy with what I have learned so far. I am glad this quilt is for Elliott as no one will see the mistakes I've made. 

The next quilt will have not half triangles in it and I will be cutting all the pieces but the center squares bigger and trimming them back. I will also be starching the fabric so it is more stable. Lessons learned which is good. 

Knitting

I tried the sweater on one of the Gotz dolls and it is too small around her body. I brought it back up and unwound it. I think it is too fine a yarn for this pattern. I will try the pattern with a thicker yarn and see how it works. I will use the finer yarn for another pattern. 

I got out the yarn for daughter's vest and did the swatch. It was perfect to go. 

I cast on the back and did 5 rows of the ribbing. 

The yarn is soft to work with and is looking really nice when knit. 

Thoughts

    I paired my glucose meter to the app on my phone very quickly this morning. It will be great to have that so I can show the doctor my readings. 

    I am going to have to look for new clothes and plan a new wardrobe soon. I am down one size for sure and will be down 2 sizes in the next month or two. I am thinking of buying clothes to start with and want blues and burgundy. I hope I can find what I want. I will also get a couple of pairs of shoes that I want. They will come later on as my feet will get narrower as time goes on. 

    I am hoping to do some sight seeing this spring and summer. One day a week will be set a side for that or shopping. On sight seeing days I will pack a lunch and head out for several hours. I am looking forward to that. 

Today

I have a few items to make for meals including pork in the Instant Pot. Once they are done, I will clean up the kitchen and wash that floor. I will sew this afternoon, walk around 3 pm and knit tonight. It is a stay at home day as the stores will be busy as they will be closed tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment