Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Precision, Precision

 Yesterday morning started out with a good rain and by late afternoon the sun was shining. The high got to 19.4C which broke the high record for yesterday. This morning it is 6C and cloudy. We do have a chance of showers and a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

I headed out the door yesterday morning to get the new lenses into my frames. What a difference they make. Not a huge change in strength but the world is bright and sharp. These lenses are ground in a different way than my old ones and the difference is noticeable. 

I did drive to the quilt shop and it was foggy in that area. I was surprised at that. We didn't have that at home. Their temperature was about the same as at home though. 

When I got home, I made Shepard's pie. It was fun to cook and have a few tasty meals to put into the freezer. I cleaned up the kitchen when done and will freeze the meals this morning.

My blood sugar was a bit high yesterday morning and went down as the day progressed. By dinner time, it was 4.9 and I was tired. I didn't walk as I knew it was getting low. My energy level declines and I do feel it. Also the storm going through had my knees and hips aching so much I had to take a pain pill. I hate doing it but I was so sore I was almost in tears. 

Sewing

I went to the quilt store close to home to get more Best Press starch. While in the store I found a cute piece of fabric for a doll's dress. 

I also bought bee buttons and will make a summer hat and dress using the fabric and buttons. I did get the Best Press and some more needles for my sewing machine. I also snooped around looking at notions.

After lunch and a rest, I went down and did test #2 embroidery. Not in the right place but closer than before. 

I cut out the yoke and basted under the seam allowance on the curved edge. This learning curve has me really thinking about placement and I think I got it right for the next one. (Or at least I hope I do)

I drew more lines on the pattern piece to help me with placement. I then wiggled the design around to get it positioned better. More lines need to be drawn though I did try to erase some of the lines to help cut down on the confusion. The pink one didn't want to disappear. 

When this project is done, I am going to sew a couple of doll's dresses plus the hat. I need to do something easy. 

Knitting

I cast on and knit 5 rows of ribbing for the front of the vest. 

I didn't get more done as Elliott was all over me wanting cuddles. But I got started and now can work on it in the evenings. 

Thoughts

    While looking at the notions at the quilt shop yesterday, I noticed a glue product made by a company called Acorn. I decided to look it up and found some great information on it and other products used to do precision quilting. I am going to order the starter kit which has the glue and a starch pen to make your seams lie flat. While watching videos on the products and one on precision quilting, I realized that I am a precision sewer and quilter. 

    I am so ready to cut out the good fabric for daughter's embroidery. I didn't realize how rusty I am at placing embroidery on shirt yokes. If you don't use it, you loose it and that is what happened to me. I know yokes are tricky but I didn't realize how much I had forgotten when I put that kind of sewing behind me. 

    The starch and Cricut orders are both ready to be shipped. Both companies have been great to work with. 

    I am a bit concerned about my glucose readings being low. Am I trying too hard? I hope I hear from the Wellness Center soon so I can get help with this issue. 

    It is 7 months since I lost the Spousal Unit and I am feeling sad. It creeps up on me and I have to deal and cope with it. There is still the pain but it isn't as sharp as it use to be. It is more of an ache. I keep thinking of him every day and do find peace in remembering the happy times we had. 

Today

I am back to the bank today and then I want to vacuum the house. This afternoon I will do the next stitch out on the yoke and continue to take the napkins apart (4 left to go). Tonight I will knit. If I have the energy, I will walk at least once today unless it is raining. I do have to get recycling out also. That means bringing the two leaf bags down from the shed. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment