Monday, April 03, 2023

A Day Of Fun

 Yesterday was cool and windy with a high of 6.2C (midnight). This morning it is -3C and the high is to be 6C with lots of sunshine. We are going to have more wind today as there is a storm coming in.

Lifestyle

I did the balance sheet and paid the necessary bills. It didn't take long and everything was cleaned up and put away by 9:30 a.m. I do enjoy doing the balance sheet weekly as I make less mistakes and pay bills as I go. I also have a better idea of my spending habits. 

I walked twice yesterday and did about .65 km each time. It was cold outside both times though the afternoon walk was nicer than the morning one. 

I slept poorly last night as I woke up with both hips and knees hurting. I stretched and wiggled and finally got rid of a lot of the pain. They are still sore this morning but not like they were last night. I am sure the cause is the storm that is coming in. 

I gained .2 lb this week and I think it was the salt in the food I ate on Apr. 1. Also my bad knee has had fluid on it. It will come off slowly and surely. I am eating the same as I normally do and trying to drink more water. I do hope that walking will help remove the excess fluid also.

Sewing/Cricut

I played on the Cricut yesterday morning and got two bags ready for the lining (I've got the handles on them now). I did the vinyl and had a mistake on the first one. Part of the black stuck to the paper the stars went on. I've since fixed it by tracing with a fine tip sharpie. 

The lining is cut out and ready for interfacing and then to be sewn together and inserted. The bag pattern is this one that I have been making. The design is this one. I did searches on Jennifer Maker and Makers Gonna Learn videos to learn how to layer vinyl. I looked at so many that I can't find them. I know Jennifer Maker's was one making a growth blanket.

I also finished quilting row 1 of the quilt. What a lot of quilting. I am reminding myself that it is a work of love. 

I am also reminding myself that the quilting is organic and not perfect. 

The bottom is not quilted yet. It will be done after I do row 2 and attach it to row 1. 

I also realized that I need another project on the go so I can have a break from the quilt. Something less intense and easy. It gives my brain a break. If I do the fun project first, I am mentally ready to quilt. 

Knitting

I got a good picture of the sleeves. The pattern shows up quite well when taken in daylight. 

The brown piece turns under with just a row of brown stitching showing. 

I also cast on the body of the sweater and got quite a bit done on it. I have 16 more rows to knit before I add the sleeves. 

I turned up the brown hem so you could see the little bit of edging. The front overlaps so there is pattern only on one front. It has 4 buttons down the front which I have in the stash. 

My next project is planned and I am going to knit daughter a pull over vest. It is a big project so I will be quite a while knitting it. If I like it, I may knit myself one next winter. 

Today

I am heading into the city to shop and would like to be home around noon. I would like to finish the gift bags today and, if time, start sewing row 2 blocks together. I have to walk this afternoon and will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment