Sunday, April 23, 2023

A Busy But Fun Day

 Yesterday was quite a nice day with a fair amount of sunshine. The high got to 12C. Last night was clear and you could see the moon and a satellite near it really well. This morning it is cloudy and 2C. Today we are to have a mix of sun and clouds and a high of 15C.

Lifestyle

I headed into Bayers Lake with daughter-in-law and grandson. While grandson had soccer practice, we went shopping at Costco. We got what we needed and then went to the grocery store for a few other things. We were home by 1 pm. 

I had lunch and then was into the sewing room. At 4:30 pm I was back to family's for dinner and then out to watch the play put on by the senior students at grandson's school. It was great.

One of grandson's friends played and, though he didn't have a leading role, he stole the show. He did a really good job of playing his part. The rest of the cast did a great job of their parts making it a wonderful show.

Sewing

I spent a good 2 hours working on getting the second yoke to line up perfectly with the first one. The yoke is full of lines that I drew, redrew, and drew some more. I finally got it and stitched around the lines that are the pattern.

I am very happy with the end result and now can soak the fabric in the Dawn solution to get rid of all the marks. 

Next up is the back yoke which will take some time figuring out the placement so it is perfect. Not today. 

I plan on going up to the quilt shop on Tuesday and try to get a fat quarter of the bee fabric to make shoes for the dress I am making next. 

Knitting

None done last night as I was out until after 10 pm.

Thoughts

    My glucose readings ran high yesterday. I was 6.0 before breakfast and 6.1 before dinner. I could have walked a long ways with readings that high. I do know that I have to watch and try to walk on those days. This morning my reading was 5.5 which is much better. I wonder if stress causes the readings to be high as I have been stressing over the yokes I've been embroidering. 

    I really enjoy shopping with daughter-in-law. We have such a special friendship and talk about a wide variety of topics. They have such busy lives that spending time with them is special and enjoyable. 

Today

I am tired today so may not craft. I have to do the balance sheet first thing. I want to get the yoke cleaned up so it can dry. I am planning on making buns this morning and deliver them to family. I want to clean up under the deck after lunch and get part of that job done. I will probably rest for a bit and try to knit tonight. It will be an early night for me. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment