Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Sewing The Binding Down

Yesterday was dull and cold. The high got to 9C and you could feel the cold when you stepped outside. This morning, the sun is trying to shine and it is 6C. We are to see a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

The leeks were done yesterday and we got 6 cups to put into the freezer. With the 2 cups already in the freezer, we have enough for 2 big pots of potato leek soup. The only thing left to do is plant the garlic. 

The Spousal Unit tried to clean up more of the dreaded hedge but it was too cold to do much. He gave up and came in to keep warm. I don't blame him for doing that. 

There were 57 new cases and 1 death reported over the past 3 days. Staying at home is the best thing to do but it has its challenges. We are basically back to doing essential shopping and trying to keep ourselves safe. 

Sewing

I set up the family room to hand sew the binding down on the quilt. I was able to get over 50% done in one sitting. The Spousal Unit and I watched TV while I hand sewed. 

The brown backing is fitting in okay with the total look of the quilt. I was a bit worried when I bought it but didn't want a light colored backing with a puppy snuggling underneath it. 

I did a bit of thinking while looking at Pinterest. I want to try making placemats that are more monochromatic for our house. Everything I make has high contrast and I would like to try a more subtle color combination. That will come later on and is in my 2022 list of things to make. I have also been looking at making a Irish Chain quilt which will have a higher contrast for it. It may end up being daughter's quilt pattern. 

Knitting

I knit a few rounds on the hat before working on the test pattern. I finished the 2nd sleeve and cast on the body stitches and did the first row of ribbing. 

Today

The goal is to clean the bathroom and plant garlic this morning. I'm hoping to finish sewing the binding down on the quilt and get it wrapped to ship tomorrow. Another day at home keeping busy.

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment