Monday, October 04, 2021

Fussing With The Puppy's Quilt

 Yesterday was another one of those lovely autumn days. The high got to 16C. This morning it is 7C and we are to see 14C. We aren't complaining as the capital of Ecuador had snow on Oct. 1. 

Lifestyle

Though I slept in, I did myself together and got 75% of the bathroom cleaned. Just the shower and floor to scrub. I was able to crawl around in the big bathtub to clean the dust out of it. It is nice to have the room almost cleaned.

The Spousal Unit picked all the beans and pulled the plants. He also pulled the peas which were not going to make it. We had beans for supper which were delicious. We took a bunch to family so they can enjoy them also. 

My sciatic flared up in the afternoon and I spent quite a bit of time stretching it. It was tired from me cleaning and then being on the floor in the sewing room. It is a bit painful this morning but I will work through it. 

Sewing

I had a good session in the sewing room and left very sore. I had to put the quilt pieces on the floor to see how it looked. 

At this point, I was going to quit as I was feeling frustrated. I had a look at the fabric and realized the repeat is short and there are lots of moose and foxes (who go in one direction) in each repeat. 

I cut out a few more squares and drew a few more on the fabric ready to be cut. I need 6 more squares I think. Nine would be better but I don't think I can push it that far.

I left the room thinking I will have to play with this some more once all the squares are cut. I plan on unpicking the top row so I can move those around also. I may be too picky on where the moose should be and let them land where they may. The fox aren't bothering me as much. I don't know why but it could be their smaller size. 

When the main part is done, I will make 40 four patch squares for around the outside edge. 

Knitting

I got 1 repeat of the pattern (16 rows) completed on one sock. It is coming along well. No picture last night as they look almost the same as they did yesterday just a bit longer. 

Today

We are going out to get apples, a few groceries, home to do a bit of housework (I hope). I want to get all the squares cut for the quilt today and knit more tonight. 

Until the next time....................................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment