Sunday, October 03, 2021

Puppy Quilt Started

Yesterday the weather was a mix of sun and cloud. The clouds were dark making you think it would rain at any moment. The high got to 16.4C. This morning it was 4C and clear. It is suppose to get to 16C with lots of sunshine today.

Lifestyle

I'm a bit late this morning as I slept in an hour past I normally do. Scared the life out of the Spousal Unit as I never do this. I'm always the first up in the morning. I was tireder than I though I was and needed the sleep. 

Yesterday, I spent the morning doing the last jobs to clean the kitchen. I washed windows until they sparkled, then shone the appliances. The dirtiest job was cleaning the fresh air vent. I shot canned air into it and out came big gobs of dust. Yuck. I could feel my allergies flare up immediately. The last job of the day was to sweep and wash the floor. I'm pleased with the results of a 2 morning job. 

I did spend a bit of time with Elliott on the deck as he wanted to explore while I did the windows. We talked back and forth as he smelled everything on the deck. I also helped the Spousal Unit put away a hose. It wasn't cooperating and took 2 of us to get it rolled up and hung in the shed. 

I followed my eating plan again and I did feel much better gut wise. I've lost 1.1 lbs which is good and hope that things will continue to improve. I have a goal set and would like to reach it by Christmas.

My hip and leg are improving though they do bother me when I get tired. Last night it was really sore so I did some exercises on the deck and then again sitting on the bed. It really helped get rid of the pain I had. So much so, I had no pain all evening.

Sewing

I spent time cutting out and sewing the puppy's quilt. Row 1 has been sewn together and will be taken apart. 

Rows 2 and 3 are completed but not sewn into long strips yet. 

I checked my Glide thread stash and found I have a green that matches perfect for quilting. 

I will be straight line quilting this one also.

I want to add some 4 patches to the quilt to make it bigger so I made one to see if I had the right size (not).

I have fabric that matches the print and it looks like birch bark. I want to use it rather than a print for the 4 patches. I see a visit coming to our neighbor for advice. In the meantime, I will cut more of the 6" squares and sew them into pairs. 

Though this quilt requires the print to be fussy cut, I am having a wonderful time creating it. It has moved from what I had planned to something a different.  And ideas still are swirling in my head. 

Knitting

I now have the gusset done on both socks. It is pattern over the instep and plain knitting on the rest to the toe part. 

I am really enjoying knitting these socks as I'm learning new things all the time. One thing I have learned is not to buy self striping yarn but a tweed yarn. I don't have to worry about the strips not matching. 

Today

I'm going to clean the bathroom today. Once done, I will work on the quilt and knit tonight. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment