Monday, October 11, 2021

A Busy But Fun Day

Yesterday was another lovely sunny day. The high got to 16C. This morning it was 8C and we are to have more sunshine and warmer temperatures. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I did Ikea yesterday morning and I have Christmas shopping done for the west coast. We only walked through the Market Place but there was a lot to look at and we enjoyed it immensely. After a quick stop at a bakery, we were home just after 12 noon.

After lunch, I froze the rest of the carrots. There are 13 bags in total of which family will get half. I'm happy they are done and in the freezer.

Grandson and his friend showed up to mow the lawn. Grandson mowed and his friend raked. Our neighbor's boys showed up and the fun began. The leaf blower was out and the boys had a bit of fun. The Spousal Unit had the weed eater out trimming up the place. In the end, the lawn looks fabulous, the batteries for the leaf blower and weed eater were dead, and everyone was pleased with a job well done. 

I spent a lot of time outside cleaning the shed. The spring purge paid off as I only had to put things on shelves, against the wall, and into tubs. Once the floor was swept, the deck chairs were stored in a tub, the small tables stacked in a corner and the umbrella stood against a wall. The wheel barrow went in and there is still plenty of space for the lawn mower and some flower tubs. 

When all was quiet, the Spousal Unit and I surveyed the yard and were pleased with what got done. I was sore beyond sore and he was very tired. But what an afternoon of fun and work. 

Sewing

I didn't look in the sewing room at all. Too busy with outside things. 

Knitting

I knit on the doll's sweater and will be playing yarn chicken with it. I am going to knit the sleeves and then go back to the body. 

Today

The kitchen needs a good cleaning, some laundry done, sewing and knitting. I am making us a turkey roll dinner tonight. An easier day for us before we start on the garage. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment