Friday, October 08, 2021

A Shopping Spree

 Yesterday was another gorgeous day with a high of 21.8C. This morning it was 12C. We are to have a cooler day with a high of 14C. Tonight we could get frost. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I was exhausted from lack of sleep. But I knew I had things to do so I slugged on. 

I went to Bedford and got some groceries but the main reason was to go to the fabric store that is closing at the end of November. I wanted to get a few things. I was home by noon and was exhausted. The afternoon was spent resting which I hated doing when things need to be done.

There were 30 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. We have 246 active cases in the province as of yesterday. 

Sewing

I didn't look in the sewing room yesterday other than to put what I had bought in there and to take pictures. 

The fabric store was beyond busy. It was crowded and I almost left but I persevered. For fabric I got white broadcloth and the fabric for grandson's pajama pants. For a 2022 fun project I picked up a meter of this fabric.

I'm thinking a small quilt for Elliott. This fabric was expensive as was all the cat fabric. It was 50% off and very little had been sold from the collection. 


I also got more cording for piping for daughter. I hope I won't have to buy any until next year. 

Knitting

I did knit 9 rounds on the toe of the sock yesterday. That was quite the feat for me as I was so tired. I had to really focus on the task. 

At the store, I bought yarn for projects. The heavier yarn is for doll clothes though daughter wants a hat from the stripe.  I will have to go back and get one more ball and some buttons.

I also bought enough yarn for another pair of socks. They will be knit next year.

I went down the Pinterest hole and found a crocheted pattern for a dog's sweater that I'm thinking of making for daughter's cat. I can fit it on Elliott as they are about the same size. I have the yarn for it already. 

Thoughts for 2022

I am starting to think about next year already. I will continue with another Year of Sewing/Knitting With What I Have. To date it has been a successful focus for me. I am allowing ideas to swirl in my head of items I want to make next year. I will be closing down the sewing room for a major clean up in December so I can finish up my planning for next year. 

Today

The goal is to freeze more carrots, cut squares for the quilt border, knit on the socks. We have to be out for a bit this morning also. 

Until the next time.....................................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment