Sunday, October 10, 2021

The Socks Are Finished

 Yesterday was another cool and sunny day. The official low yesterday was -0.6C. This morning it was 0.8C at 6 a.m. and there is frost. Today is suppose to be sunny and 17C. 

Lifestyle

I spent most of my time in the kitchen making buns and an apple crisp. I got the kitchen cleaned up before we headed out for Thanksgiving dinner with family.

We had a wonderful dinner and met a student from Mexico. We had a lot of good laughs while we were there. 

The Spousal Unit pulled the remaining carrots yesterday and they are ready for me to freeze. 

Sewing

I didn't go into the sewing room at all yesterday. There wasn't enough time to settle down and sew the 4 patches. 

Knitting

I finished the socks yesterday afternoon. I am really pleased with them. 


I cast on and have knit 10 rows of a doll's sweater using the left over yarn. I'm trying to use up the yarn so I don't have it in the stash. 

Daughter-in-law gave me yarn to knit grandson socks for Christmas. It is merino wool and silk. I am looking forward to knitting these next month. They will be soft to work with. 

Today

I am heading into Ikea this morning and will freeze carrots this afternoon. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment