Friday, October 15, 2021

A Day Spent Doing Very LIttle

Yesterday morning was a wet one with over 1/4" of rain falling. The high got to 16.6C and the sun did make an appearance in the afternoon. This morning it was 10C and we are to have a high of 16C with sunshine and clouds.

Lifestyle

We headed out to get apples and books yesterday morning. We took the long way home to see the pumpkin people displays in Kentville. They are adding to them all the time and are fabulous. We got lunch in New Minas and took the long way home to admire the fall colors and displays in yards. 

Once home, I had a nap. I was tired from a poor nights sleep. The Spousal Unit had his nap later on. We were a couple of tired people all afternoon. 

There were 26 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. 

Sewing

I didn't look in the sewing room at all yesterday. I would have wrecked anything I touched as I was really tired and not focused. 

As usual, I keep thinking about what I want to make, how I want to set up the sewing room, colors, etc. I did read a post on what is perfect for one person is not for another. I totally agree with this person. I also find that how I organize evolves over time but my biggest passion is to sew up the excess and the rest will be easy to organize. We will see how that works.

I found a new bag pattern to try later on. I won't add the grommets as it will be for daughter and I may make one for myself. I will use a twill fabric rather than denim. I have most of what I need in the stash for it. I will only have to get the zippers.

Knitting

I started the cat sweater again using a larger hook. I had so many issues with it that I ripped it out and spent time looking for a knitted sweater. I may have found one that I can try. 

Today

Laundry, vacuuming, sewing, knitting and parcel wrapping are to be done today. A busy day in our house. 

Until the next time.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment