Saturday, October 23, 2021

A Busy Day

Yesterday was warm with a high of 23.4C. There was a humidex of 26C. There was a shower of rain mid afternoon. This morning it was 14C and the high is to get to 17C. There are showers in the forecast for today.

Lifestyle

We headed out to Coldbrook to get apples yesterday and were happy to see Ambrosia apples. We then headed out to get yarn for projects. When we arrived home, we had a great visit with our son. A perfect morning for us. 

We were out in the late afternoon and there was a drive thru flu clinic at the fire station. It was busy with 20 vehicles waiting to go in. There is another one on Wednesday at another location and I've booked us in with our doctor for Friday. 

There were 23 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. 

Sewing

I started quilting and have just over half of the vertical seams done. I go down one side of a seam and up the other side. I did some stitch in the ditch on the side border. 

Knitting

I got the yarn for the hat and the test pattern sweater (doll). I set up the hat last night as it is easy and I was tired. By bedtime I was 2 rows short of finishing the ribbing. 


I am happy with the way the two strands is knitting up and the colors are great. This is the first time I've done the hat using a circular needle and magic loop. I'm loving it.

Today

I have laundry, housework, quilting and knitting to do today. As it is going to be showery, I won't be gathering up the trimmings from the dreaded hedge. Hopefully tomorrow I can do it in the afternoon. In knitting, I need to set up the test pattern for the doll's sweater and start knitting the sleeves. I'm doing the hat and test pattern at the same time which is a stretch for me. I'm a one pattern at a time person. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment