Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween

 

Yesterday started out cloudy and ended up being sunny. The
high got to 13C but it felt a bit warmer than that. This morning it is 11C and we are to have rain and wind with a high of 16C.

Lifestyle 

We were out in the garage to clean it early yesterday morning. We swept, vacuumed, sorted, put away and by 10:30 we were ready to set up for Halloween. We got started and left it looking like this.

This can be changed in a minute and there is more that can be added by family. We both rested until lunch time as we had done a lot of work in the garage. 

After lunch I made buns and they turned out perfect. I used new yeast and it made the world of difference. They are for dinner tonight. That took up the better part of the afternoon. I need to start making buns once a week to go with soup. 

Sewing

I didn't look in the sewing room yesterday as I was too busy with other things. 

Knitting

In my spare time I knit. The messy bun hat is done and ready to go in the last box to go to daughter.

I have 4 full balls and a bit from the 2 balls I used left over. I will be making daughter socks and the dolls something in January. 

I knit on the doll's sweater last night and have divided it up and am knitting on the right back. 

There is a mistake in the pattern and I reported it. Someone said it isn't a mistake and I will let the designer decide. She has it correct on the next cable row. This pattern is quite nice and I'm sure the little girl's boy doll will enjoy wearing it once it is done. I'm hoping to have it done by this coming weekend. 

Today

Laundry needs to be folded, kitchen tidied up, some decorating done for Halloween and, hopefully, children coming to trick or treat.

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment