Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Progress On The Quilt

It was another gorgeous day yesterday with a high of 15.3C. This morning it is 4.5C and we got a touch of frost at 7 a.m. It is suppose to be sunny and 18C today. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to get apples yesterday morning. We got Sweet Tango and Honey Crisp and were told that Ambrosia will be ready in a week to 10 days. The cool days and nights will bring on the color we were told. Can't wait to have the first of the Ambrosia apples. We eat mostly them and Honey Crisp.

We also did a bit of grocery shopping before heading home. I have to go to the city to get items that I can't get here. I also need to get a few Christmas gifts. 

There were 86 new cases of the virus reported from Saturday to Monday. There are 231 cases in the province which is down from Friday. 

Sewing

I spent some quality time with the quilt which seems to be growing bigger than I had anticipated. The main part of the quilt is ready to be sewn together.

I looked at it and nothing was jarring my nerves so I left it as it is. 

I started on the border and made some 4 patches. I laid them in place and I was happy but not happy. Something was missing. 

I went over to talk to our neighbor who quilts and we decided on a tan/brown border between the main part of the quilt and the border. That means a trip to the quilt shop which will be later this week or early next week. I will get the fabric for the border and the backing.

Knitting

I got 16 rounds knit on the 2nd sock. I'll start the next 16 rounds and feel I will be starting a new ball of yarn before I finish this pattern repeat. I will have to take pictures soon. 

Today

Laundry, clean the guest room, sewing the quilt, and knitting. A day at home for us. 

Until the next time..........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment