Wednesday, October 27, 2021

The Quilt is Done

Yesterday was sunny and quite windy. The high got to 12.9C. This morning, it is 7C and raining. We are to have rain until tomorrow afternoon. We are to see a high of 9C. 

Lifestyle

With the house being so warm on Tuesday night, the Spousal Unit and I were very tired and cranky. Heat was turned off for the whole day and we went to our corners to do things to try and stay awake. 

The garlic was planted after lunch. I separated the bulbs and we got 39 cloves to plant. The Spousal Unit planted them and they are being watered right now by the storm. They will be covered with burlap on Friday. 

The bathroom was scrubbed yesterday and I'm glad that job is done for now. I also did some cleaning in the kitchen with the aim of scrubbing it tomorrow. 

The incoming storm had my leg sore and buzzing last night. As we are in the storm now, most of the pain has gone. I will be monitoring the pain for a few days and doing stretching exercises if necessary. 

There were 7 new cases of the virus and 1 death reported yesterday. The death is the 100th in the province. 

Sewing

While in my corner, I finished sewing down the binding on the quilt. It was good to get the job done. 

I put it on the guest bed (queen size) and it is a big quilt. 

We call it an adult lap quilt that you can really wrap yourself into. It is now wrapped and heading west to its owner. I'm happy with the quilt as the colors go well together, 3.3 meters of the fabric came from the stash, and it's square.

The left over fabric from this quilt is minimal. The coppery color inner border will be used in another project and the backing can line a reusable grocery bag that I want to make. 

Knitting

I did 9 rows of knitting on the test pattern and none on the hat. 

Today

We are out to get our hair cut this morning and this afternoon we are home. I want to sweep the sewing room floor and figure out the reusable grocery bag I need to make. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment