Thursday, October 21, 2021

The Quilt Top Is Completed

Though yesterday was sunny and felt warmer, the high got to 10.6C. There was very little wind which was nice. This morning it is 7C and we are to have a high of 15C. Another nice day.

Lifestyle

Once again, I vacuumed the floors, stairs and a bit of the basement floor. I am seeing less cat hair in the air, on the appliances, etc. Starting soon, I will be vacuuming twice a week as I think I have the worst of the cat hair gone. Then it will be hauling the hose down the stairs and doing the basement.

The Spousal Unit trimmed the hedge and has a bit of tidying up to do in a couple of spots. Then it will be raking up the branches and getting them into leaf and garden bags. He is happy that job is almost done. 

We were both tired yesterday. Part of it is not sleeping well at night. I am going to put the quilt on the bed as we may be waking up as we are cold. I know that was the case last night. Though a summer weight quilt, it is more than adequate for us in the winter as it goes over a blanket. 

There were 6 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. That is the same as we've had mid September. 

Sewing

The top of the quilt is done. I am pleased with the end result. 

I took the quilt over to our neighbor to buy batting from her. It measures 50 x 70" so a perfect size for a human to snuggle a puppy under. 

Knitting

The cat sweater under went some deconstruction yesterday. I undid the belly seam by 2/3rds the length. I knit the ribbing on the back flat, made button loops and added buttons to close it. I will be redoing the button loops as they are too big. I then proceeded to pick up the stitches for the leg opening. A bit stressful but I succeeded. I knit one row and did 1 row of ribbing before stopping for the night. No pictures are it has needles flopping around and I worry they will fall out. 

Today

We may go for apples today. I have to clean off the cutting table and start sandwiching the quilt. Tonight I hope to finish the cat's sweater. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment