Wednesday, October 06, 2021

A Goal Set - A Goal Met

Yesterday was a warmer sunny day. The high got to 19.7C. This morning it is 4C and I'm sure we will see a bit of frost on the roofs when it gets light out. Today is to be another nice day with sunshine and a high of 20C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was laundry and clean up the guest room. The laundry was folded and the job was done before lunch. Not an exciting job but one that needed doing.

We went to watch grandson's team play soccer last night. They are playing better together and we notice that grandson is becoming a good player. We had pizza at their house and home by 7 p.m. 

There were 40 new cases of the virus reported yesterday with a total of 248 cases in the province. We have a briefing today at 3 pm.

Sewing

I set a goal of having 6 of the 10 rows sewn together yesterday and I accomplished it. 

I picked up each row and sewed it into a strip, pressed the seams open, and sewed it to the previous strip. I don't like setting a goal of so much as it takes away the fun. But, yesterday I had to as I have real life to deal with this week and weekend. 

There are two more patterns coming to be tested by the same designer as the last one I did. I am looking forward to that. 

The Fabricville I usually go to is closing down and I will be sad to see it gone. The foot traffic is slow in that store and has been since we moved here. From now on I will have to go into Halifax or to Cole Harbor. More likely to go to the store in Halifax a few times a year. 

Knitting

Though I was tired, I did knit about 6 rounds on one sock. I have to attach another ball of yarn to that sock and will have to finish it before I can do the other sock. 

Today

I am going to freeze carrots this morning and then work on the quilt and finish the main body. Tonight I will be knitting. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment