Saturday, October 16, 2021

Progress At All Levels

Yesterday was another sunny fall day. The high got to 16.4C. This morning it is 8C and we are to have sunshine and 17C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I focused on the living room area. All the furniture was moved, the floor vacuumed and washed. I need to wash part of the floor again as it is still dirty. I also vacuumed the stairs down to the front door and washed them. Elliott's blanket and towels were laundered and put back on the couch. 

The Spousal Unit got the lawn mower out and mowed for 45 minutes. It is working perfectly. Hurrah!! I'm sure he will be mowing once or twice more before the lawn slows down for winter. 

We were out to watch grandson play soccer yesterday afternoon. Grandson played well. I took some pictures of the trees as they are quite colorful. 

One of my favorite is looking across the valley at the wind turbines. 

There were 18 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. 

Sewing

I had a busy 2 hours in the sewing room. The test pattern advanced with seams serged, Hong Kong finish done on the back and neck facing, collar made and attached and the sleeves ready to be inserted. I cut my time so close to leave for grandson's soccer game I got no pictures taken. 

This designer will have 3 more patterns to test in the next while. There is the Pilgrim's boy outfit (I'll pass on it), a winter cape and the 2nd Little Women's dress. This dress is one I will definitely test and I have ideas swirling in my head about it. If I can find some trim I will make the cape. I have to check at Fabricville this coming week.

Knitting

I found a pattern for a coat for the cat. The pattern is here and is free. What was exciting was to find a video on how to make it. Marly Bird does an excellent job of explaining the pattern and her tricks on how to do the increases. 

I cast on the 2nd size and knit up the ribbing. I added the leash hole and then started on the pattern and increases. The pattern calls for 3 colors but I am knitting it in one color. Less for me to worry about. I got 6 of the 17 rows of the pattern done and two increase repeats. I keep track of the rows I've knit and am keeping track of the increases.

Though this pattern is an intermediate level, Marly Bird does a great job of walking you through the pattern giving you tips on using stitch markers at the increases. She is a master knitter in my mind.

I have to say that I am more comfortable knitting than crocheting. I dug into this pattern easily and comfortably. 

Today

I have to grocery shop, try and do some more housework, work on the doll's dress, and knit more on the cat's sweater. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment