Friday, October 22, 2021

Cat Sweater Done and Modeled

Yesterday was warmer with a high of 18C. The sun shone and it was lovely outside. This morning it is 13C and we are to have a high of 21C. Not unusual for Nova Scotia. 

Lifestyle

I headed out to shop a bit later yesterday morning as I had prescriptions to pick up. The store wasn't busy which was nice. I was home mid morning, got everything put away, and did very little. I had a thinking session on the dreaded hedge. 

The Spousal Unit went out to rake the dreaded hedge clippings up and came in frustrated. He had a real mess going on. I went out and cleaned up a bag full on my hand and knees. If you don't rake it, it is easier to pick up. Raking it has the branches bounce all over the place. I have 3 or 4 afternoons of picking to do. 

I had to go over to our neighbors to find my spool of green thread. Found it in a container as it had rolled off her table. Before coming home, I helped her and her son put up screen on their patio. Three people made it go up easier as they are put on with velcro. They have 5 more panels to put up. 

There were 19 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The outbreak at the hospital has increased by 1 to 4. Many precautions are in place to help contain it. Let's hope no one else gets the virus in there. 

Sewing

 The quilt is sandwiched and ready for straight line quilting. It took me almost 2 hours to get it done. I learned a lot. I had to unpin part of the quilt as I learned that you do the length on one side before doing the width. 

I looked at a panel and am going to make a very simple bag out of it for son-in-law. I will have to buy some fabric and make it in record time. I have enough interfacing for it. 

Knitting

 The cat sweater is done and I put it on Elliott to model. He is too fat for it. 

He actually laid on the couch until I pulled the back end up over his rump. He then got down for treats.

He laid down on the floor with it on pleaded with me to take it off. 

And when done, he thought he should have all the treats in the container for being such a good boy.

I don't think so Elliott. 

I did a sample of the yarn for daughter's hat. I am happy with the gauge and feel of the knitted piece. Now I can buy the yarn and start. 

I have a pattern to test and will be knitting it and the hat at the same time. Not my favorite thing to do but I need to get both done. I need to buy yarn for it. 

Today

We are heading out for apples and to get the yarn I need. I want to quilt for an hour and pick up trimmings from the dreaded hedge for an hour. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment