Wednesday, October 13, 2021

A Cat's Sweater In The Making

Yesterday was, yet, another sunny day with a high of 21.8C. This morning it is 12C and it seems like we had a shower. Today is suppose to be another sunny day with a high of 20C. Tonight we are to have showers. 

Lifestyle

We were out yesterday morning to the quilt shop and to post a parcel to daughter. We got home before noon which was nice. It was a lovely drive as the trees are turning color and everything is red, orange, yellow and green. 

In the afternoon, the Spousal Unit put away flower pots and unhooked the garden hose. I went out mid afternoon to help him finish up. The deck is now ready to sweep and wash. It seems strange to be doing fall chores when the weather is beautiful. 

There were 99 new cases of the virus over 4 days. The number of recoveries has dropped the number of active cases to 197 which is great. 

Sewing

I was to the quilt shop and got the fabric for the inner border and the backing. Both are laundered and ready to use. The store was busy with people buying fabric for quilts though one lady had a large order of masks to sew.

I spent time cutting out more squares for the outer border and then chained sewed the two colors together. They are ready to press and cut apart to be sewn into 4 patches. I may have enough to finish the outer border but there is a niggling in my brain saying I'm short by 4 small squares. 

A new pattern came out to test and it's another Keepers Dolly Duds. 1930's Rising Star is a nod to Shirley Temple and I am excited to test it. 

The pattern is printed and I will be digging for fabric today as it has to come from the stash.

Knitting

I started the cat's sweater and you should have seen me. I thought I had enough stitches for the foundation row. After an hour of trying to figure out what was wrong, I counted the foundation row and added 2 more stitches. I did 4 rows of the collar which was ripped out several times due to mistakes. But it fits Elliott.

From there I started on the body and am keeping track of the rounds as you turn one row but not the next. There is increases for the chest which is starting to be noticeable. 

You can also see it in this picture. 

I am not a crocheter so this is a big job for me. I have to count after every row to make sure I have the right number of stitches. If I survive this I am going to make it again using a size larger hook. 

Today

Laundry, cleaning the dining area, sewing and crocheting are in the books for today. If the sun shines and the deck dries off, I will sweep it ready for mopping. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment