Friday, October 29, 2021

An Electronics Bag In The Making

 Yesterday was another grey and cool day. The high got to 10C and there was no rain. Today it was 8C when we got up and we are to see sunshine and 13C. 

Lifestyle

I did get the kitchen tidied up and the dining table cleared off. A load of laundry was done and the bed was made with clean sheets.

Elliott amused us last night by holding onto his position on the couch with one claw. He was pretty smug that he could do that. 

There were 31 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. They are scattered throughout the province. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room working on a reusable grocery bag for son-in-law. It is going to be his electronics bag in which he puts his tablet, charger, cords, etc. into for work and travel. 

All of the fabrics are from the stash and the fabrics chosen for the bag are batiks. I think I bought the bear, the piece on top of it and a yellow brown at a small quilting shop on our way to Alberta. I think I bought them for place mats that never ever got made. The green dot and copper colored fabric are left over from the quilt. 

After mulling it around and finally deciding the bears and the green dots would be the outside of the bag I started to cut fabrics. The handles got made first followed by the piping from the fabric I liked the least amount. It is perfect for piping.

Once done, I started on the outer bag. This is the layout idea. 

The green is less than shown and will be the bottom part of the bag. There is piping and then the bears. Once I got that part done, I stopped for the day. I have to think about the interfacing. After a lot of thinking, I'm going to do a lighter interfacing on the outer bag and the heavy interfacing on the lining. 

I did get a picture of the Halloween table cloth. 

It is a poly cotton that I got dirt cheap in the Bargain Center at Fabricland. It is perfect for the job. 

I am happy with the rolled hem but want to play with it a bit more. I think I need to have 1 spool of heavier thread to make it more dense. I know I used a denser thread in one looper when doing scarves for daughter. 

Knitting

I am doing well with the hat but am going to ravel the sweater as I need to make the button holes larger. I can't find them easily so a child won't be able find them at all. I will start again tonight. 

Today

I have to go grocery shopping this morning, do some housework, laundry and try to get more done on the electronics bag. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment