Thursday, October 31, 2019

Getting Ready For November

Yesterday was cloudy with some sunshine. We even saw a few drops of rain. The high got to 13C and the low this morning is 10C. We are expecting rain and/or showers today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was off to get our hair cut. Once home, I wrapped gifts to go to daughter today. With free shipping, one has to be on the ball each week. One more week has been added and I will have a parcel to go. 

Sewing

I spent some time cleaning up the sewing room yesterday. I got the cutting table cleaned off and around the sewing machine tidied up. The floor was swept. Much better but not perfect.
I looked at the fabric shelves and I need to get into the craft/quilting fabrics and tidy them up. If it doesn't stress me to death, it will be the end of December's job. That way I can set up projects for January. 
Once the room was cleaned, I laid out the fabric to make daughter 2 pillows and a table runner. I cut out one pillow and sewed it up. Very simple but effective. 
The second pillow is ready to be marked and cut out. Then it will be the table runner and something from the left over fabric. She sent me 2 meters of fabric and I want to get as much as possible out of it. 
I set up November's projects and now need to put the items into their baskets. I don't think I will be sewing as many meters this month as in October. But one never knows. 

Knitting

I dug out the needles and yarn to make a scarf to go with the hat I knit. I raveled the yarn from the hat I knit for the fall fair and reknit it. The scarf is another easy knit and is the Escarpment pattern.  
I'm sure I will have it done by the end of the weekend. I'm half done the flat part and will be joining it into the round by Friday night. 

Today

I'm off to WW this morning, get flannel for grandson's pants and a couple of other items, home to clean and set up for Halloween. I'm sure we will have the little ones around by 5 p.m. Busy but fun. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment