Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Near Finishing The Bag

Yesterday we started with rain that had fallen during the night and then it cleared to be sunny. The high got to 10C. This morning it is -1C and is to be an other sunny day with a high of 12C. 

Lifestyle

I made buns yesterday morning. 
This time, I ground the rosemary with a mortar and pestle. It was great and I will be doing the bag of rosemary. The buns were nice with our dinner. 

Health

 I'm feeling better and I'm hoping my IBS has settled down. I'm eating smaller portions and have a couple of rice crackers when I'm hungry. The weight is coming off which is nice. I'm hoping I'm back on track. 

Sewing

With only 1 hour put in the sewing room in the past 4 days, I was ready to sew. It was a productive afternoon. The piping was already made, the handles and closure cut and sewn. The lining got done and attached to the bag. When I left the room, the only things left to do to finish the bag are:

  • sew the lining shut
  • put the beads on the fringe
  • add the button
It paid off having a break from the sewing room. 
I did a button audition and nothing worked. I think I'm going to do a button from the some fabric. 

The top one almost won. 

Knitting

I'm knitting away on the hat using up the wool from the one I made for the fall fair. I'm really not pushing myself at it though I do knit most evenings. I have almost 3 balls left so will make a matching scarf out of it. I'm knitting slowly. 

Today

I'm off to the hospital to give blood (thyroid) this morning. After I eat breakfast, we are going for a drive to the used book store. Then home to finish the bag. I need to get another box out this week. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment