Wednesday, October 30, 2019

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Yesterday was another lovely sunny day. The high got to 13C. This morning it is clear and 1C. Another sunny day before it starts to rain. 

Lifestyle

I headed out early for bloodwork. It's done for another 3 months. After breakfast, the Spousal Unit and I headed out to shop for the last of the Christmas presents that go west and for him to buy books. We were home by 1 p.m.

Sewing

I finished daughter's bag by 3 p.m. and it's ready to go after I take pictures of it. It was a lot of work with fringe and beads on it. I'm not sure I'll make another one like it due to the time and effort that went into it. 
Daughter and I were talking about the Miss Rodeo Canada pageant that is running this week. Some of the clothes we made are coming out of the closet for the first time in 7-9 years. 
This jacket I made 9 years ago and is worn by one of the contestants. I was working on this when I took a course from Ron Collins and he helped me with the sleeves. 
The same contestant will be wearing this vest today after not been seen for 8 years. 
The embroidery took hours to stitch out but the results were stunning. The color choices were perfect and I loved it. 
And this dress will be worn by another contestant after not been seen for 8 years. 
There was a lot of hand sewing on this dress but it was stunning on the two girls who wore it. 
It gives me pleasure to see some of the outfits I made are in excellent condition and having a second debut. But, I'm happy I'm not sewing these outfits anymore. If I have a desire to do this type of work, I'll happily do it on doll's clothes. 

Knitting

I finished the messy bun hat I was working on. It was a fun knit that I enjoyed knitting. Next up is a scarf to go with it. It will be another relaxing knit. 

Today

We get our hair cut first thing, then a bit of housework, gift wrapping and sewing room tidy up. A busy day with little to no sewing. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment