Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Cold VS Ann

Yesterday was sunny and cool with a high of 14C. The temperature dropped to 12C at 8 pm. and was at 16C at 6 a.m. this morning. It has rained as predicted and there are showers in the forecast for today. 

Lifestyle

The kitchen is cleaned and floor is scrubbed. That room has had its fall cleaning. By the time I finished, I was sweating and it wasn't from the heat. My cold was winning the war. 
We headed out and went to the library and tried to get a few things (unsuccessful) and came home. Mid afternoon I went to bed for a rest but didn't sleep. Out again to take a parcel to the post office and get some dinner as I was feeling horrid. The cold was really winning. Was in bed early and am feeling better this morning. I just might be winning the war but I'm not going to bet on it 100%.
The Spousal Unit has been busy cleaning out the vegetable beds and mowed the lawn round the boxes yesterday. He has one more huge load to put into compost next week and he might be done for the year. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room working on daughter's lunch bag. It was the handles and I had to stop and think so many times that I did make one minor mistake. Thank goodness it is on the underside of the handles and not noticeable. 
I also had to make more piping for the handles using what I had left over and adding to it. It wasn't easy but I was successful as the strip of piping fabric was only 1" wide. I usually use 2" wide strips and cut off the extra fabric. 
The navy side will be the outer part of the strap which is perfect for this bag. 
The plaid will be the under part. 
I did mark the bag where the straps go on, took a picture of the dolls and went upstairs. I was no longer able to think properly or sew. It was time to rest in bed. 

Knitting

While hugging the hot water bottle, I knit on the messy bun hat. I have about 2" left to knit before I start the decreasing. 
As the pattern is easy to follow (how many of these have I made??) I can see my mistake about 8 stitches after I've made it. I made two of them last night. This hat is going to BC in the next box. 

Today

The goal is to do a bunch of paper work and clear off the dining room table, do some laundry, and sew on the lunch bag. Knitting tonight and to bed early to see if I can win the war with this cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment