Monday, October 14, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving

We are having a beautiful fall. Yesterday got to 11C and was a mix of sunshine and cloud. There was a bit of mist about 3 p.m. Today was suppose to be really warm but it has been revised to get to 14C rather than 20. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I made buns and they turned out quite well. One batch down, one to go. 
Daughter-in-law picked me up after lunch and we went to the city to shop. The color of the leaves this fall are vibrant and have gotten brighter over the week. These pictures do not do justice as to how bright the colors are. 
The reds and oranges are brilliant in color. I have really been admiring them. 
The fire department came up our way with sirens blaring, horns going, and lights flashing. The fire chief led the way in the pick up truck followed by Search and Rescue and the two tanker trucks. They went into the area past us called the Crossing, did a loop and back out. As they drove past, we realized they were out and about wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. They probably did the area were Son and family live. They will do this again (may not be our area) after the Pumpkin Regatta and just before Christmas with Santa. 

Health

The Spousal Unit is getting over his cold. He was feeling much better yesterday and had a good sense of humor. He was also very alert. 
I, on the other hand, was tired. I'm fighting the cold and, with the Spousal Unit feeling better, relaxed enough that I was exhausted last night. I woke up this morning to my gut making noises which is the first time I've heard it for months. I'm hoping that all is back to normal for me. It was nice to hear those noises as my stomach has been quiet for a long time. 

Sewing

No sewing was done yesterday as I was out shopping in the city. 

Knitting

I cast on the sleeveless top of the test pattern and knit 8 rows of ribbing. That was all my poor tired brain could handle. 

Today

I have to make another batch of buns and cook potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner. It is a family and friends dinner across the street. While the buns are doing their thing, I would love to do a bit of housework; the living room needs to be finished. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment