Tuesday, October 01, 2019

September's Accountability List - Was It Successful?

I forgot to give an update on how September's Accountability list went and if it was successful for me. 
Having a list was successful until I started to over think a project. I had to make a choice of researching projects or sewing down the stash. Sewing down the stash is the focus at this time. Researching was deviating from my major goal.
Did I succeed?
  • Make straps for son's winter pool cover. (Done Sept 13, 2019)
  • Though tiny, this little project is important. I want to make a tutorial on how to fit a doll's bodice to non American Girl dolls. My model will be Kate who is a My Life As A......doll. (Done Sept 18, 2019 after 3 tries)
  • Hem and put the buttons onto the western shirt that I almost finished at the end of March. It will be donated to the barrel racers at the end of the month to do as they want with it. (Done Sept 20, 2019)
  • Trace out, add 1/4" to all seams of pantalettes pattern for the doll. The goal is to sew them using french seams. This is the start for next year's dressed doll outfit. For this, I will have to buy some nice fabric for the final result. I'm doing a muslin at the moment. Trashed as I spent too much time researching, testing and stressing out over it. I have decided to use a three thread serger finish on the seams of doll clothes at this time. The reminder was I'm sewing down the stash
  • The lobster fabric is shoved on the shelf ready to sew. I will start with the 8 napkins as they take the most work. A lot of hemming which I am anal about. Then the bags and all can be stored for future reference. Moved to October as I ran out of time. 
It wasn't too bad for 2 weeks with 3 days at the fair and 3 days timed out from the sewing room due to stress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment