Saturday, October 19, 2019

Knitted Test Pattern Completed

Yesterday was a fall day. The high got to 12-13C. There were a lot of dark clouds with only a misting of rain in the morning. The sun shone on occasion. This morning it is 9C and will be about that temperature for the day. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to get groceries locally and to find apples. We priced them out at the grocery stores and one farm. We will go further afield today. The cheapest apples were smaller than we like. We share an apple so like the bigger ones. 
I did get pictures of a couple of gigantic field pumpkins. Their weight is on them so I'm assuming that these will be used in the regatta today. 

We are not going to it this year as the weather forecast is cool and a north wind. We are not completely over our colds and I don't want us to get sick. 

Sewing

I spent almost 2 hours in the sewing room yesterday and got the bodice lining sewn and the two pieces pinned together. The bodice takes longer than expected due to it has 7 pieces and the side pieces are sewn on in two steps; up to the under arm and then part way up the armsycle. Every piece needs a lot of stay stitching and marks. Extra pins are needed to make sure everything matches perfectly. 
The box Daughter sent me arrived. It has a lot of "Fairy Frost" cottons in it. They will go away to be made into doll's dresses and piping. I haven't seen it in Canada for a while. A couple of bolts came mixed in with some quilting cottons 2.5 years ago when I was working at the store. 
The fabric for pillows and a table runner was also in the box and I will be making those between now and the end of the month. The biggest job is matching stripes. 

Knitting

The major goal yesterday was to finish the test pattern. I sewed it together and got the buttons on it. 
Going down a needle size gave me a perfect fit. I'm more than thrilled with it. 
The top is semi halter which I'm not a fan of on these dolls. I hate their cloth bodies showing. That is just me. The top fits to perfection. 
It is a pattern where I had to pay attention to each row. 
I worked on the messy bun hat and have 1.5" left to knit before I do the top 5 rows. This is an easy knit. 
Once it is finished, I have to knit a dark grey one. 
Daughter has bought me a bit of yarn that was on a deep sale. I am going to knit hats and scarves out of them. I am going through my worsted yarn faster than I thought. I'm choosing easy as they knit up fast and I can enjoy my evenings. 

Today

We have grandson and will be heading out to get apples. I also have to stop and get some fabric to make one bag and a piece for another bag that I have everything else. I may not get to sew, but I will knit tonight. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment