Thursday, October 03, 2019

Two Projects Are Near Completion

Yesterday was a miserable cold day. The 15C temp at 6 am dropped to 9C and the wind came up. There was a couple of showers out of the north. It did brighten up around 5 pm. Frost? Maybe as the temperature was 3-4C at 6 a.m. 

Lifestyle

The batch of paper work on the schedule was done yesterday and the table got cleaned off and washed. We do have our usual items on the table. They are easy to put away when necessary. At least it isn't piled sky high all over the table like it was 
The Spousal Unit was in and out during the day. He is moving stuff around in the shed and taking items back up there that migrated to the garage during the summer. He even dug some potatoes. He came in when the wind made him feel really cold. 
We both had a nap as we were tired. The cold is really draining us. To bed early. Hopefully we will be over it soon. It hasn't gone to our chests which is good. 

Sewing

I worked on daughter's lunch bag and took a picture as it sat waiting for me to sew up the lining. 
The lining was finished and the two parts are pinned together ready to be sewn together. I stopped for the day at that point. I'm hoping to finish it today. There isn't much left to do. 
As I'm shipping a parcel a week this month to Daughter, I'm slipping in an extra project this week. I'm rolling a hem on a scarf for her. Though we both want to stay out of the fabric stores during October, I may have to go and buy a spool of thread for the scarf. I'm thinking it may take 2 spools on the outside looper rather than one. That spool is smaller than the serger cones and the outside looper uses a lot of thread. 
After looking at that project, I walked out of the sewing room in a good mood. 

Knitting

I knit away on the hat and have 6" knit. Not sure if I'll do 6.5" or closer to 7" before decreasing. I need to bring up the next project soon. 

Today

Day 2 of paper work and some more cleaning in the dining area. The bag will be finished as will the hat. Another inside day as it will be cool outside. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment