Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Trip Down Memory Lane

We've had fall weather with clouds, sunshine, and, starting last night, rain. It is to be wet today with a high of 13-14C. 

Lifestyle

I got part of the living area cleaned up yesterday. Pulled furniture from the walls, swept, washed and put back. The goal was to finish it today but.......
I'm tired. I had to take the Spousal Unit to the ER at 1 am as he was confused, crabby, and not himself. His cold has gone to his chest and I am sure he was running a fever fighting the cold. Getting up and moving broke the fever as he was sweating when he got his coat on. The doctor checked him out and it's a common chest cold. He was fine when we got there. At home, he climbed into bed and went right to sleep. He slept until 7:30 a.m. 

Sewing

As I'm fighting the cold also, I haven't felt like sewing. Nor will it happen today. But, I got a box of items from Daughter. One bag was a trip down memory lane. 
In a bag she sent were several of these pieces and some of the fabric. 
It brought back memories of making rodeo queen clothing. I thought I had made a vest out of these but it was a top. Way back in 2012-13. 
Every piece was hand sewn onto the top. The pattern was a hack using a dress pattern, adapting the neck, and designing the collar. I could make this top in my sleep. 
The Spousal Unit and were discussing how much work I did on these tops and how happy I am not doing them anymore. One thing I did learn was how to hand stitch items onto the fabric quickly. Some of the dresses had about 40 hours of hand stitching and you learn to do it quickly and neatly.  I'm keeping these pieces until I can find something to make for Daughter and hand sew them onto it. I will probably be some for her sewing room. Like a wall hanging. I'm thinking on it. End of memory lane. 

Knitting

I did knit the second sleeve for the test pattern. Next is the sleeveless top. 

Today

I'm going to do a bit of tidying up, get a few items from the grocery store, rest, and nap. Housework is on hold for today. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment