Sunday, October 06, 2019

One More Project Completed

Yesterday got to 11C but the wind was bitingly cool. It came in from the north west for most of the day. There was frost this morning with a temperature of 0C. Suppose to be warmer today with a high of 15-18C

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit and I headed outside in yesterday morning to assess the front porch. We looked and talked and looked some more. We decided on which boards did what job. By that time we were cold so we shut the garage door and came in. The wind was blowing on us the whole time we were out there (north west part of the house).
The Spousal Unit pulled a carrot for dinner and it was about a foot long. More than enough for the two of us to eat. We slice potatoes and carrots, coat with olive oil and herbs and roast in the oven. So delicious. 

Sewing

I spent a long day in the sewing room sewing the dog bag. The day slipped by as I merrily sewed, trimmed, and pressed and was done by 4:30. The only time I emerged was to get supper ready. 
It was way too much fun to make but I was stiff when I got finished. I haven't put in a day like that for a long time. 
The to-do list has two items left on it -- pillow and doll's outfit. There is also the red lobster fabric to sew up. I have also added a couple of bonus items to the list. 

Knitting

 I unknit the doll's sweater back to the last row of the diamond pattern and I kept getting 1 less stitch than I had cast on. I decided to carefully knit the pattern row and I had all the stitches. When I came to the eyelet row, I carefully knit it and counted. The number of stitches was correct. I am not sure what or where the missing stitch(es) were hiding. I'm now ready to divide into fronts and backs. I was too tired to count the stitches for that row. 

Today

I am going to sweep the sewing room floor, put some scraps into the trash, tidy up the cutting table and put the next project on the table. It will be two napkins from the red lobster fabric. A short day in the sewing room. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment