Thursday, October 24, 2019

A New Bag Begun

Yesterday was grey and cloudy. It started to rain and as the day progressed, it rained harder. And the wind blew harder. The temperature got to 16C and we got about 3/4" of rain. It cleared off over night and the temperature is 9C. 

Lifestyle

With all the wind we had, we had a big power bump around 5:00 p.m. Only the internet had to boot itself though. 
Yesterday morning, I did some house work. It was mostly sweeping floors and putting things away. It is nice to have the house tidy each day. 

Health

I'm heading back to eating properly again and not only does it include portion control, it includes foods that are not IBS irritants. I've meandered towards foods that my body does not like and am paying for it. My stress level is up to meet deadlines and that is not helping. I'm feeling like a wreck. It's time to clean up my act. 

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room working through the design for daughter's boot bag. The two pieces of fabric were cut, piping added to one piece and then the fringe added. Each strip of fringe was cut individually at 1/4" wide. I got less than half of it sewn on when I sat and thought of an easier, less stressful way. I used 1/4" wide double sided tape and it was a breeze after that. I sewed it together, laid on some fixings and the design was what I had wanted. 
I wanted to add some beads but it isn't working. 
Everything has to be sewn on with rust thread. The square beads may show up on the handles as I do like them. Daughter sent me the faux suede and the fixings and all I saw was her bag. 
When I got to this point, I stopped for the day. It took me 4 hours to get the front done. 

Knitting

The hat is done and ready to go out this coming week. I'm happy with it. 
I started a scarf, which was to be easy. Two rows for 29". Getting it right took 6 tried but once I got it, it became an easy knit. The pattern is by Red Heart. 

Today

I'd like to go shopping and get a few Christmas presents to ship west. I also need to get groceries. I'd like it to be a quick trip as I want to take the Spousal Unit in to town to get more river rock so he can touch up around the shed. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment