Sunday, October 13, 2019

Recovery Day

Yesterday started out wet and then was cloudy. The high got to 13C and it was 11C at 6 a.m. this morning. Today will be cloudy with some drizzle. It is suppose to get to 14C today. 

Lifestyle

It was nap day yesterday. I had two short naps to get through the day and the Spousal Unit slept for 3 hours. He is feeling much better though he still has the cold. One could say it was recovery day. 
I did go out and get some groceries before lunch and daughter-in-law came over to get tomato sauce and check in on us. It was nice of her to do that. 

Sewing

In the late afternoon, I went down and cut the satin to make daughter 3 scarves. The satin she sent is light and shifts around like crazy. I forgot to check the first scarf and there is one crazy part. It will be hidden when worn. The second scarf was checked and is ready for a rolled hem. 
I did a test using the thread she sent and it is a perfect match to the green in the scarf. 
I had to use one white spool of thread which gives a tiny bit of definition between the rolled edge and the fabric. A scarf takes less than an hour to hem and I'm hoping to have all three ready to go out in this week's box. 

Knitting

No knitting last night as I was too tired to think about it. I would have made a mistake so it was best to leave it be. 

Today

I have to bake buns, get a couple of missing items for dinner tomorrow night, and hem one more scarf. I also need to take down grandson's pants as he has grown over an inch since school started. A busy day. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment