Thursday, October 17, 2019

A More Relaxed Day

Yesterday came in clear and sunny. It got to 16C. This morning is cloudy and 11C. We have a storm coming in today -- rain and winds. It is suppose to be fast moving. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a less rushed day. I started it out baking buns. They had chives, rosemary, dill, and parsley added to them. They are ready to go in the oven here. 
I give the large pan of 6 to family and we eat 4. I'm hoping to make them once a week. 
While the buns were doing their thing, I did paper work and was done by noon. It was nice not having to rush around doing a lot of things that had to be done. 
This year, the small tree in our front yard turned red. The year we arrived, it was bare, last year the leaves turned brown and fell off rapidly. This year, the leaves have slowly turned red and it looks gorgeous. 

Sewing

I got into the sewing room for a couple of hours. I used up .5 meter of fabric I bought back in June and started to test a doll's dress.  I got one half of the bodice front done. 
I have some cute organza trim to put on this dress. 
I laid out some fabric for a boot bag and I do love it. 
With this big button. 
I have to dig a bit more and see what else I have as I need to make one for Daughter. I will spend an hour putting together ideas today. 

Knitting

The test pattern is done and ready for blocking. After that is done, I will sew up the seams and add buttons. 
I started another messy bun hat to ship to Daughter. She has ordered this one to gift to a friend. The ribbing is done. 
The yarn has a variegated shiny thread in it. 
We call this the grey unicorn thread and one person said it's full of confetti. This is an easy knit. 

Today

With the storm coming in, it is a home day. I will do more paper work this morning and spend time in the sewing room this afternoon. Knitting this evening. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment