Monday, October 21, 2019

Test Dress Completed

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day. The high got to 13C and the temperature this morning is 4C. No frost and it looks like another sunny day. 

Lifestyle

I did 3 loads of laundry yesterday. One was the fairy frost fabric. There is a lot of it to be folded and stored. A lot of piping and doll's dresses. 
The Spousal Unit trimmed the hedge and started raking up the branches. It looks nice and even. I would love to finish weeding it and should just go out and do it for an hour each sunny afternoon. 

Sewing

I spent a lot of time in the sewing room yesterday. I wanted to finish the doll's dress I was testing so put the pressure on myself to get it done. 
The pattern is cute but the stress began with no lace. I find it hard to get lace here; supplies are limited everywhere I look. I chose an organza trim from the stash and tried her idea. Didn't work so tried again and it worked. I was trying to gather the trim for over the shoulders and it was already gathered. When I sewed them together and used it as is, it worked fine. 
The back sports a big bow and is cute. 
The top of the skirt has a bluish hue. I used blue tulle under the skirt as I didn't have white. I wouldn't use it again unless it was white. I would also make it longer than I did. It really doesn't hold the skirt out any further but I wanted to try her technique. Works like a charm. 

Knitting

I got the dark grey messy bun hat started, the 10 rows of ribbing and the first 4 rows of pattern completed. It has to be done by next Tuesday to go out in what is suppose to be the last free shipping Tuesday. 
Picture was taken when the ribbing was done. The book underneath is one I use when knitting. I keep track of yarn, needle size, pattern change if necessary and rows knit. A useful reference for me. On this page, I will have knit 3 messy bun hats when this one is completed. 

Today

Laundry needs to be folded. leeks frozen, and a new bag started. It will be a busy day. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment