Tuesday, October 08, 2019

A Summer-Like Day

Yesterday was a warm day with a high of 23C. It was sunny/cloudy all day and a warm wind blew. The temperature this morning was 14C and it has rained. 

Lifestyle

After a brief discussion, I headed into the city to get groceries and meat. I was in awe at how lovely the trees are looking on the way in. Reds, oranges, and some yellows. Hopefully they will be lovely for a couple more weeks as I want to get a few pictures.  
I went to Ikea to get some Xmas shopping done. It was hard to shop for Xmas with it summer-like outside. I wandered around the Market place getting a few things, and by the time I was done as was at the other end of the building as to where I needed to check out. I had done 3 rounds of that huge space. 
I went to get groceries and meat and came home. I had no other stops to make. It was too warm to think of Christmas shopping. I was thinking of a cool drink in the shade. It didn't happen as I had to put away groceries, freeze meat, and get a parcel shipped out at the post office. 
While I was gone, the Spousal Unit mowed the lawns and gave vegetables to the neighbor. Other than a cold, he is very healthy this fall. And stronger than he has been in years. 

Sewing

I have not stepped foot in a fabric store for 18 days. I did not go into one yesterday. I needed nothing; no fabric, trims, or notions. The to-do list is helping me keep on track. So has my mantra of using up the stash first. 
At home, I looked at the pattern for the reading pillow and thought about the pocket on the one I am going to make. I have decided the pocket will be 1/3 polar bear print and 2/3 grey snowflake print. The grey will have the embroidery stitched on it. I can cut a strip of fabric to sew down over the seam to add an extra detail. 

Knitting

I worked on the test pattern and got the back finished. 
I did one row on the right front and hope to have it finished by Friday. I find I have to concentrate on the pattern each row is different. 

Today

I'm leaning towards cooking down and freezing the last of the tomatoes. It is time to put that project to bed. Next year we will be planting less plants. What ever else gets done, gets done as this is a full day's job. 
Until the next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment