Saturday, October 05, 2019

A Day Out

Yesterday was cool with a few small showers. The high got to 9C and this morning the temperature is hovering around 4C. It is suppose to be sunny and 12C. 

Lifestyle

We scrapped our plans and headed out the door. It was time to get away for the day. We headed up to Coldbrook to buy apples and got some Honey Crisps. They taste pretty good though they are not quite ripe. After not having apples for months, we will eat them happily. 
Next stop was the used book store. The Spousal Unit got a bunch more books to read. He wandered around the store having a good look. I didn't buy any but I do check to see what is new. 
Next was lunch at Subway. And finally we did some grocery shopping in New Minas. As usual the traffic was heavy. We got home at 2 p.m. tired and happy. 
We always go via the 101 and come back via Hwy 1. Both ways were colorful as the leaves are turning reds, oranges, and yellows. 

Sewing

I decided I needed to start the next bag that has been preordered. It is the Triangle Pocket Bag. The theme for this bag is dogs. 
As I cut the fabric, I noticed that I'm shorting myself on the body fabric. Instead of .6 meter, I need to buy .7 meter. The other pieces need to be .6 meter. I need to remember that when I buy fabric again. 
As I was short for the handles, I made them out of two pieces of fabric 2.25" wide. I sew them together with a 1/4" seam, fold in half and then folded the brown fabric under and the paw print over the brown fabric. I turned the paw print  under 1/2" to get the two fabric look. I then stitched it in place. 
Here is the back of the handle. 
I use the machine's zipper foot to get the top stitching close to the edges. 
I use the zipper foot when top stitching the handles when piping is used. The edge of the good fits against the piping and I move the needle position to where I want the stitching to be. With these handles, I put the edge of the foot at the edge of the fabric and move the needle to where I want it. The zipper foot is wide and holds the handle in place as I stitch. 
I got the pocket fabric ready to cut into the triangle shape before I called it a day. At that point I had texted daughter and put 3.5 meters of fabric for boys western shirts in her box to go on Tuesday. I have 3.5 meters of the same fabric left for a shirt for the Spousal Unit. 

Knitting

I merrily knit away on the doll's sweater and was pleased I was ready to start the next pattern row. 
Nothing went right after the 3 pattern and I looked. I had forgotten to do 2 yarn overs at one decrease leaving me with 2 less stitches than what I needed. Now I'm unknitting to fix the problem. 

Today

I'm not sure what is happening here. It could be the front deck, housework and laundry, sewing, knitting. With the sun coming up, I have a feeling we will be outside doing the front deck. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment