Friday, October 18, 2019

And It Rained

Yesterday was a wet and windy one. 1.5" of rain fell in 6 hours. The storm ended with few flashes of lightening. When it was over with, the sky cleared up and the sun came out. The high yesterday was 17C. This morning the temperature was 10C and it is suppose to get to 18C. We could have a few showers. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I finished the paper work I needed to do. I'm glad to have that job done. 
While doing the paper work and through lunch, the power was surging. The last two surges made me think that we were going to loose power. We didn't but about 4000 customers in the Windsor area were without power for 1-2 hours. We were a small band of lucky ones between Highway 1 and Highway 101. 

Sewing

I did some sewing for less than an hour after the power was restored to most of Windsor. I don't run my sewing machines when there are local power outages due to surging when the power comes back on. I got the bodice done on the test dress and am ready to sew the bodice lining. 
I did play with fabrics yesterday and am using this combination to make a boot bag for Daughter. 
The chocolate brown will be replaced with another darker brown fabric. I want one that is either batik or has a design that gives texture. Ideas are floating in my head on how this one will look. 

Knitting

I worked on the messy bun hat yesterday only to find out I should be knitting the dark grey for the hat. I'll finish this one first. 
I'm about half done at the moment. 

Today

We are out to grocery shop and then I will sew on the doll's dress. I also have to sew together the last outfit I tested (knitting) and photograph it. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment