Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Outfit Is Completed

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to 23.1C (humidex 24C). This morning it is clear and 10C. We are to have more sunshine and 22C. 

Lifestyle

With gorgeous weather, I ditched the house work and cleaned the pond. It had larvae growing it along with other crud. I emptied the water out via buckets and got to work cleaning everything. Once each piece was cleaned, I put it to dry in the sunshine. 

Once dry, I put it away neatly. Some were put into the blue tub stored under the table the bbq sits on, other pieces were put into the white tub. The white tub was put onto a shelf in the shed. It is now put away until next spring. I did miss the sound of water when I sat on the deck for a few minutes. 

I was out to do the mail and check on the house. The one humidifier's tank was full. How stupid did I feel when I realized I had to turn on the pump via a button. It had kicked off when we had power fluctuations. The other one is working fine. I surveyed the yard and have a plan to clean off their pool deck if Hurricane Franklin decided to come here before family comes home. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room finishing up the doll's outfit. The skirt was an easy make though it took time due to the gathering of the skirt. When I put it on the doll, it was love at first sight. 

It has such a light and summery vibe to it. And it turned out just as I had visualized it. 

I decided to jazz up the gloves a bit. I. had bought some thread that turned out to be embroidery thread. It is white with a silver thread in it. I did a back stitch around the top of the gloves to hold the hem in place. The thread was coming out. Glide thread does that if you don't back stitch it. This was the perfect solution to the problem. 

The purse is cute also. 

In all a really cute outfit. 

I now have 3 dolls dressed in new outfits I have made this year. 

I have decided on September's doll sew. I am going to make a sweetheart neckline top in the blue flower print and a jean jacket in the top fabric. It isn't an outfit but more of a challenge to make the jean jacket. 

The print fabric for the spare bedroom's sewing arrived yesterday and it is gorgeous. I will launder it so I can start cutting out the pieces. I am looking forward to sewing these items. I need to look for thread for it. I am hoping I have it in the stash. If not, I will need to buy it. 

Knitting

None done last night. I didn't look at patterns as I wasn't in the mood for it. 

Today

I need to pick grape tomatoes today. They are ripening quickly. I have to grocery shop, check on thread colour, and start cutting out the table runner and cushion covers for the spare bedroom. I would like to start knitting again tonight. 

Until the next time........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment