Wednesday, August 30, 2023

No Sewing Yesterday

 Though yesterday was cloudy, the high got to 22.9C (humidex 28C). The relative humidity was rising mid afternoon as the storm approached. This morning it is 19C and raining. We are to have periods of heavy rain and a high of 22C (humidex 30C) today. It felt warm and muggy outside at 6 am.

Lifestyle

I got the house tidied up yesterday. Floors were swept, kitchen and dining area cleaned and things looking more presentable. It felt good. 

I went out and picked a the little bucket full of tomatoes and there are still lots almost ripe. It was nice to wander around looking at how the vegetables are doing. I did pull 3 carrots and had them for dinner last night. They are so sweet and delicious. 

I was out in the afternoon to mail daughter her parcel. I hate going to our local post office. No parking, line ups, and then the computer froze when I asked for a receipt. The people behind me were going to have a longer wait while the person rebooted the register. I left without the receipt as I have online confirmation. 

I did my grocery shopping and came home. I got everything put away and rested. I was really tired for some unknown reason. I didn't nap but drank lots of fluids and walked around to stay awake. 

I got the chairs on the deck folded and in a safe spot. Everything else is fine. I don't know why I was worrying as there was no wind warning. Just the rain warning. Hurricane Franklin doesn't seem to be heading our way but going further south of the province. I don't know if it will even affect us rain wise at this time. The storm we are having is coming in from Ontario. 

Sewing

I didn't sew again yesterday though I did work out the size of the cushion back pieces. I am not worrying about it as it will take me a couple of days to finish up the pieces and put them in the spare bedroom. 

Knitting

I did work on the doll's dress and have 3 complete patterns done on the skirt. 


The row that has the cable takes a bit of time as there are a lot of stitches on the needle. But it is so worth it when you see the pattern show up. 

Thoughts

    My gastro system is calm today. No bloating, pain, or other issues. I had one piece of bread yesterday and no other wheat products. I am wondering about gluten as my mother had a wheat intolerance/allergy and was on a  gluten free diet for many years. I did eat 2 cherry tomatoes with no issues but am not going to over do them or potatoes as my knee and hip are almost pain free. 

    It felt strange not having to go over and check on family's house yesterday. I didn't mind doing the job at all as they really needed the holiday. Their last trip was pre-pandemic. 

Today

I have to clean my bedroom and do laundry. I want to sew this afternoon, put out garbage, and go to family's for dinner. No knitting tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment