Friday, August 18, 2023

Shame On Me

 Yesterday was another nice day with a mix of sunshine and clouds. The high got to 23.7C (humidex 29C). This morning it is raining and 19C. We are to have rain (heavy at times) with a high of 24C (humidex 32C). I stuck my head outdoors and it is like warm soup out there. 

Lifestyle

I started the day off feeling horrible. I thought I was going to need a nap before lunch I felt so tired and lethargic. I was pushing myself to do things. It dawned on me mid morning that I hadn't checked the dehumidifier for a couple of days and shame on me. It was shut off with a full tank of water. The humidity inside the house was 65%. I quickly emptied the tank and turned the machine back on. I noted the air exchange system was dehumidifying also. I turned both the upstairs and downstairs heat pumps onto dehumidify and within 2 hours the house was perfect to work in. I had energy and felt much better. 

I cleaned the rest of the upper cabinet doors and wiped out cabinets that needed doing. Those doors weren't as dirty but still needed doing. I then wiped the side panels of the cupboard by the refrigerator and started cleaning the drawer fronts (and insides where necessary). I cleaned the panel of the cupboards by the back door and called it a day. It was nearly lunch time. I still had energy but it was time to stop. 

Family texted and they are enjoying their time so far. They met up with their friends and daughter-in-law, our friend, and grandson went to a tea ceremony. The men and our friend's two boys roamed around being tourists. I did give my friend and her sister a report of their time after dinner and they were excited to hear what was happening. 

I did not work on the piece of furniture as planned as it was too warm and humid in the garage. Everything would have taken too long to dry including wiping the pieces clean. As I was feeling much better, I didn't want to work out there and get that exhausted feeling again. Not worth it. 

I did go out and check on the garden and picked three Early Girl tomatoes. These ones are a perfect size for hamburgers though I will eat them cold and wedged. 

Sewing

With the basement cooler and drier I sewed all afternoon. I finished the hat which took longer than expected. I did a lot of hand basting so I wouldn't have to fight pins and to get the pieces in smoothly. 

I love how the print frames the doll's face. The outside of the hat has silver rick rack hand sewn on to it and I added tails before sewing on a button. 

With the four accessory pieces done, I am ready to start on the top and skirt. 

I picked up the fabric off the floor and put a container of fabric for the dolls on the stash shelf and the rest in the closet. The container is to have at three pairs of overalls sewn for the Gotz dolls. I have the top fabric to go with them and need to buy the pattern I want for it. I am ready to wipe under the table and wash the floor. 

I also tidied up the cutting table some. The hat pattern was put away as were the ribbon, elastic, and rick rack. All the extras are off the table now. When the outfit is done, I will tidy the rest of the table as I am going to prep to sew at the quilt shop. 

Knitting

None last night as I was visiting with my friend and her sister. 

Thoughts

    I am glad I figured out the problem with me being so tired. It has been a fight to keep the humidity down in the house this summer. It was my fault I forgot to check on the dehumidifier. With the outside humidity not lower than 70%, it is a fight to keep the house humidity at 50%. I have to empty the dehumidifier every day even if there is only a few cups of water in it. 

    I got the cayenne pepper on the vegetable box where the cat has been digging (I can see the paw prints). I also did some areas that have been dug up around the boxes. When all this digging stops, I will go out and push the soil back into the holes at the boxes. It is annoying have this issue so I need to keep up on the cayenne pepper. 

    I have been working through the loss of the Spousal Unit once again. I am learning to be at peace with him gone. As I shed a few tears I am happy that I had so many wonderful years with him. I am starting to move forward knowing that I can do things on my own with some help from family and hiring in people to do jobs I can't do. I am amazed at what I can do on my own. 

    The inside of the house is starting to take shape in my head. The family room will continue to have the western way of life we loved in our homes. I still love it but need to do the upstairs that is different. I will have a few of western pictures upstairs, I will add other pictures to the mix. I am even moving fabrics to an era I like - Arts and Crafts/Mission. I will be toning it down as I like that era's fabrics as accent fabrics rather than all over. I also like to choose other fabrics that can give off an Arts and Crafts vibe. I have furniture that fits into that style as we loved it when living in Ashcroft. 

Today

I am going to clean more cabinet doors and tidy up the insides as needed. I need to sweep floors also as I haven't done them for a couple of days. I would like to work on the doll's outfit this afternoon and, hopefully knit tonight. I'm staying home today as I don't need to go anywhere. 

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment