Friday, August 25, 2023

Tension Frustrations

 Yesterday was sunny and warmer. The high got to 24.6C. This morning it mainly clear and 12C. We are to have a mix of sunshine, clouds, and showers today with a high of 23C. Tonight we have a storm coming in that is going to give us heavy rain. The forecast is for 2" to fall tomorrow.

Lifestyle

I played get the beans pulled and the compost bin out to be emptied before the compost truck gets here. I won. I worked quickly tasting only a few young beans that were tough. I got the job done about a half hour before the truck got here. The bin was emptied and back in the garage my mid morning. 

I put a pork roast on in the slower cooker and it was done by dinner time. I shredded it, added bbq sauce and a bit of brown sugar and left it in the fridge to become more flavourful. It will be frozen into meals and eaten with rice. I did pull and cook two carrots for dinner last night and they were sweet and flavourful. What a nice treat from the garden. 

I did more cleaning in the dining room. The floors were swept and mopped and they are now done twice. The windows need doing next. I had to stop as I had to go check on family's house, get the mail, and go to the bank. Lots of busyness in my life. 

The lawns were mowed yesterday morning after I got home. The guys are really busy trying to get lawns done before the rain comes. My yard looks so nice when it is mowed. The lawn is still growing quickly and should be done at day 5. But I live with it being mowed once a week. 

My sprained toe was quite sore yesterday and throbbed when I went to bed last night. What an annoyance it is. It feels better this morning but I have a feeling it will throb tonight if I am on my feet a lot again today. It does need to be rested so it can heal quicker. 

Sewing

I had a frustrating day in the sewing room. The glide thread and my sewing machine had a tension fight. I changed the needle and, after several rethreadings, they decided to cooperate. Glide thread is slippery and seems to jump out of the bobbin tension piece on the Juki. This is the first time I have had to spend a lot of time getting the tension correct. Usually once or twice but not 6 times.

I did get the runner quilted. I had to leave out one row of quilting as every mistake showed. I didn't get done until after 4 pm but every thread is knotted and buried. 

I don't often do quilting in a contrasting thread but this one called for it. I also wanted the thread to blend in with the backing which was the light fabric. I do like it as it isn't really overly noticeable.  

This piece is ready to bind. I will go all the binding at once. 

When I left the sewing room, I felt like this -- my eyes were crossed and I was tired. 

Knitting

I worked on the doll's dress having to unknit 2 rows as I was short a stitch. I continued on knitting and am almost done the front design. 

I am enjoying this knit and find it relaxing. The hardest row was the one where I had to increase to add volume for the sleeves. It was the one I made a mistake on. 

Today

I need to go to New Minas or Bedford to shop for yarn for my vest and zippers for cushion covers. I have to get Elliott a bag of food. I hope to work on the spare bedroom cushion covers this afternoon and knit tonight. No guarantees as I am tired today as I didn't sleep well. 

Until the next time...........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment