Tuesday, August 29, 2023

I Am A Worry Wart

 Yesterday was another nice day with a high of 23.7C (humidex 25C). This morning it is cloudy and 12C. We are to have cloudy weather and 22C (humidex 29C) with rain starting tonight. We are under a special weather statement for the rain that is coming in. 

Lifestyle

I headed out early yesterday morning to do shopping prior to having the car fixed. I got what I needed for myself and family. Daughter wanted either sea or coarse salt. Finding it was quite the feat. 

Salt was scarce and I finally picked up a 500 gram of coarse sea salt for her. I did google searches of the hardware store. Nothing. The Dollarama only carries Himalayan salt.  

I finally googled why there was a shortage of salt in Canada and Windsor Salt employees (Ontario) have been on strike for 7 months. This is salt mined from the ground. Salt production in Nova Scotia is also halted as it is owned by Windsor Salt.

I got home mid afternoon and did a house check and put family's groceries away. After I had a rest I started working outside at my house. I put away all the solar lights, the mini items, etc. into the blue tub put it into the shed. Then I put away the small tables and the rug. A spray nozzle and a sprinkler were also put away. Though the hurricane is suppose to be well south of us, I am not taking a chance. If I have to put the rest of my stuff away, I can be done in an hour or less. I am hoping I don't have to do anything more. 

I wandered around the garden and checked the peppers. They aren't ready to pick yet as they don't have a dark band on them. They are getting to be a good size. I didn't pick tomatoes and will have to do that today. The rest of the garden is doing fine though one tomato is struggling as it is the middle of the cucumber jungle. The tomatoes on that plant are starting to ripen which is wonderful. The remaining tomatoes are doing well.

I ate poorly yesterday due to a variety of things. Worrying about family's house caught up with me, trying to find salt for daughter was frustrating, and the hurricane has had me on edge. I was also dehydrated and didn't realize it. 

Sewing

I didn't make it down to the sewing room yesterday. No time at all. I was okay with that as I needed a day away from the projects. I did exchange the zipper and got the last white one in the store. 

I watched several videos on how to make an Irish Chain quilt. It is on my list to make and I will have to start collecting one fabric for it. I want to make one using William Morris fabrics. My inspiration is from this picture. 

Though this is a double chain, I plan on making a single chain. It is the colours I love - blue and white. 
Knitting
Today

I did none last night as I was tired. I was also out to put on the porch light at family's house and move the truck down to the lower level. 

I need to pick the tomatoes, get some groceries, clean house, and try to sew and knit. I am sure somethings won't get done as I may go over to see family if they are not too tired. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment