Wednesday, August 16, 2023

A Little Purse Is Made

 Yesterday was a mixture of sun and clouds with a few ugly black clouds rolling in late in the afternoon. The high got to 22.7C (humidex 28C). This morning it is cloudy and 17C. We are to have a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 24C (humidex 31C).

Lifestyle

Prior to leaving for New Minas, I swept all the clean floors to keep them clean. I was then out the door so I could be home by noon.

I did buy a new laundry basket, a curtain for my bedroom, and a few cards of buttons. It did do a tiny bit of snoop shopping for ideas but saw none in that store. 

At home, I hung the curtain and now need one more. I will get it in either Dartmouth or Bedford. The extra curtain makes the one side fuller and it does keep out more light. 

Though cool when I left, it was warm and humid at noon. I am tired of the humidity making it so hard to do things outside. No one is moving much after 10 am and there has been little to no wind to move the moist mass we are having. The wind last night that blew in the clouds was lovely. It helped cool off the air. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room for most of the afternoon. I didn't clean as I was tired. I wondered if I would last for an hour but I did almost 3 hours. 

I started out making the doll's purse. It is quite the feat to make a small purse which is lined. I had to really work my fingers hard to pinch the pieces in place. But the end result was worth the work. 

I had the silver rick rack and button but bought the silver grograin ribbon yesterday. I even sewed on a tiny snap so the purse would close. Boxing the bottom of the bag was quite the job. 

The inside of the bag was lined with the floral fabric. It was equally as hard to sew as the pattern as unusual. I got it done but wondered why it was done that way. 

I started on the hat and got the outer pieced interfaced with shirt weight interfacing. I sewed the brim together and did the three rows of top stitching on the brim. I put it on the doll to keep the shape. 

I love how the flowers frame the doll's face. 

I did get the red dot fabric at the quilt shop and roamed around a bit. It was busy so I didn't want to stay too long. I did look at some William Morris prints and I love this one. 

And I would love to see it paired with this or the light version of this stripe. 

I am also looking at another William Morris print on Etsy but it is $10.00 per meter more than at the shop. They didn't have the print I love so much so I keep looking for it online. A fat quarter of it would do as I could put on an artist canvas to hang in the room. 

The ideas for my bedroom came from watching a bunch of YouTube videos. The videos show a lot of ideas one couple are using in their home. Not my style but ideas have be gleaned. I saw they had a lovely striped quilt that was cross hatched quilted on their guest bed. I sat up and took notice of other items they had. This was my introduction to William Morris prints. 

The emerging idea for my bedroom is to have a white on white stripe duvet cover on the bed. The table runners will be in the Morris print, white on white fabric and the stripe fabric. I will have one cushion on the bed to match. I want pink, white, and blue hydrangeas in a vase and something small on one bedside table. I did look at picture frames for a highland cow print I bought quite a while ago. I need to buy a black iron headboard and put up a few pictures once the room is painted. 

Knitting

None done last night. I am finding that I am tired from the humidity. 

Thoughts

    I am feeling the next bought of sadness coming. It will be one year since we had to put the Spousal Unit into the hospital as we could no longer look after him. He was rapidly declining and it wasn't safe for him to be at home. It was the hardest and saddest decision I have ever had to make. I know some of my tiredness is mentally coping with this. I have also shed some tears thinking about it.

    My pain has been up and down. I hurt some days and not so much other days. I do a lot of crazy moves to help ease the pain and am wondering if that is helping. I continue to work on walking properly as I worry about my gait. I do the exercises sporadically and hope to get back into my routine once again. 

    My glucose is up and down. Not real high and not real low. I am hungry and want to snack. I think part of it is thinking about the Spousal Unit and part is being alone so much at the moment. I am working on not snacking and keeping my glucose numbers in the good range. 

Today

I have to put cayenne pepper into the boxes as the cat is back happily digging in one. I am going to clean the kitchen over the next two mornings as I have only been doing the basics. I want to sew this afternoon and try to knit tonight. I am hoping the lawn will be mowed today. I am staying at home today. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment