Monday, August 14, 2023

I Started A Project I Shouldn't Have

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 22.9C (humidex 30C). During the night we had a thunderstorm and about 1/4" rain fell. This morning it is 19C and we are to have a mixture of rain, sun, and clouds. 

Lifestyle

I got the balance sheet done in quick time and it is done for the week. I have to pay the water bill later this week. I do like the system I have set up to handle the receipts and bills. I also enjoy doing the balance sheet weekly. It certainly keeps me on track. 

I cleaned the window in the spare bedroom yesterday. I picked out moss, dirt, grime and a bit of mold. I scrubbed the poor casing to within an inch of its life. The glass and screen were scrubbed and the window looked terrific when put back together. I had 3 filthy dirty cleaning rags from that job. I swept the floor and mopped it so now both bedrooms are clean. 

Once done, I went to get my prescriptions refilled so I can pick them up today. I also put gas in the car. I was out the door by 3:45 pm to take family to the airport hotel where they spent the night. We sat in the car in their yard and went over the lists 3 times before we left. We had dinner at a favourite restaurant before we got to the hotel. 

I drove home and getting out of the airport made me feel anxious. I hadn't done it since March 2019. But I followed the gps map and signage and got back to where I wanted to be without incident. I was home in good time. Family was spending the night finishing up adjusting to the time change for Japan and took off at 6 am this morning. I am hoping they have a wonderful trip. I am home taking care of both places which is fine. 

Sewing

I decided to make Elliott a cardinal quilt so I can work out the process for mine. I got the remaining rectangles cut out for my quilt quickly. I was motivated to get the job done.

All the pieces for the blocks are now in a bag ready for me to put together. I then cut out 9 cardinal squares, 36 grey squares, and 12 red rectangles (ran out of fabric). Before I knew it, I was sewing the first 3 blocks together. I trimmed them to size and I have row 1 done. 

Sashing between the blocks is not happening as I love the look of it as it sits on the cutting table. 

I spent a lot of time making sure the corners matched as best as I could get them. It is the hardest part of this quilt but I am going slow and working on precision. I glue where necessary. 

I have some batting and I am going to figure out if I have enough for 9 squares (13.5") and then I need to figure out the backing for the 2 quilts. I also need to buy more red dot for Elliott's quilt and the binding. In the mean time, I need to mark the 3 squares and put them away until September. I have other projects I need to work on first.

I did look at the pattern for the doll's top and I need to figure out a better layout. I will be cutting it, the outer part of the hat and part of a bag from the fabric. I don't want to waste the fabric as I have plans -- the left over print will become a top to go with the skirt and the left over blue from the top will become a skirt. None of this fabric is going back into the stash. 

I didn't do any cleaning in the sewing room yesterday. My next area is under the cutting table. Once it is done, the area from the back wall to the door will be clean. 

Knitting

None done as my shoulder was sore when I got home. 

Today

My plan is to clean the bathroom and little hall this morning. I need to get my prescriptions and buy a few groceries. I hope to cut out the top, hat, and purse for the doll's outfit. I may. get some sewing done on it. I would like to knit tonight but it depends on my shoulder. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment