Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Poor Instructions

 Yesterday morning we had quite the rain storm and 1/4" fell in about 30 minutes. It stopped raining before noon. The sun did shine later in the afternoon. The high got to 22.3C (humidex 29C). This morning it is 14C and with some clouds. It is suppose to clear off and be 24C.

Lifestyle

It was quite the surprise to have to get up and close windows when it started to rain. People were scrambling inside while sitting outside having their coffee. The rain wasn't expected until the afternoon. 

I swept and washed the kitchen floor first thing and then moved on to cleaning the dining area. I took the filters out of the heat pump head and washed them. Not as dusty as I had thought. Just a normal amount of dust. I cleaned the table, moved it around and did the floor. By the time I was done, it was noon. Windows weren't done as the rain was beating against them. 

In the late afternoon, I called out to my neighbour that there was a chicken walking up the road to their house. Her dog heard me, ran towards the chicken, did a quick turn and ran across the road to me. She recognized my voice and needed her pettings. Not good though. I picked her up and took her home as I didn't want her loose with the traffic. The other dogs listened to the sit command as they did the run to my place just over a week ago. Anyways, the chicken went into the ditch where it lives and then to another person's property down the road. In actual fact there were 2 loose. The owner did put them into his back yard. 

I didn't eat tomatoes or potatoes yesterday. My gastro system settled down by 90%. I guess I will be having less of these foods in the future. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon sewing and got the tie on the top. It was the biggest job of the whole top and had the worst instructions. The idea is wonderful but it was a puzzle getting it right. After 3 tries, it was done correctly. I hand sewed the band in place and tried it on the doll. I still want to add a snap to the inside front piece. 

The skirt should be an easy sew after doing the tie. When done, 3 dolls will have new outfits. Only 8 more to go.

Before I left the sewing room, I moved the cutting table and wiped down the legs and shelf on it. I swept the floor in that area and washed it on my hands and knees. It was quite dusty. 50% of the floor is now clean. I also bagged up the donated fabric and took it to my friend's house. I left it at her door as she was out. 

The next area to clean is the chair and book case. It is dusty and needs a tidy up and cleaning. 

Knitting

I finished the leggings. I did the decrease row, one knit row and then 4 rows of ribbing. They fit perfectly, much to my surprise. 

The designer called to use 3 different sizes of needles and I just used the same size throughout. She also called to start the the waistband flat and I did the magic loop. It worked out well in the end. Now to find shoes for this outfit, steam the pieces and put buttons on the top. I also need to add notes to make the sleeves and body an inch longer when not doing the crochet trim. 

I need to find something else to knit as I don't have the yarn for my vest. Maybe a dress to use up the yarn left over from daughter's vest. 

Thoughts

    I did quite well yesterday mentally. I have come to terms with how that day unfolded and I thought of the Spousal Unit in positive ways. Actually the day is fading in my memory to just the day we had to put him in the hospital as he was declining very rapidly before our eyes. I also know he is now without pain and frustration from how the disease was affecting his brain. 

    I read last night that Hurricane Franklin could arrive in Nova Scotia sometime next week. I am a bit concerned as I am alone and have 2 places to prep if it is coming. I am going to start on my place first. I just hope that the storm turns outwards into the Atlantic Ocean and doesn't hit land as it comes up towards us. 

Today

I need to do a few things in the kitchen and then I would like to clean the windows in the dining area. I also need to pick tomatoes and beans. I want to sew the skirt today and call tis outfit done. I also need to make a plan for the book case area. Tonight I hope to start a dress using left over yarn from daughter's vest. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment