Thursday, August 10, 2023

A Patch Made

 Yesterday was quite sunny and had a high of 24.6C (humidex 31C). We had a heavy rain shower around 4:30 pm that lasted for about 30 minutes. This morning it is a mix of sun and cloud and 17C. We are to have a high of 24C (humidex 30C). 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was unusual as I put aside everything and focused on a small project for grandson. He needed a patch for inside the flap on his diabetic bag. 

I spent a lot of time trying to get his patch as one piece in Design Space. No matter what I did, it would not make the three parts become one. I watched videos, read information, tried everything, and used the undo button but to no avail. Frustration set in. 

In the end, I decided to leave the 3 parts separate and deal with each piece. I had to calibrate the Cricut so it would do print and cut. That was easy to do and I was happy with the results. I used got the part printed and cut out. I had a patch so I made a 2nd one. 

Using some fabric I had, I pressed the pieces onto it. I spent quite a bit of time making sure everything was straight and evenly spaced. I cut one patch back and left the other one full size. I turned under 1/4" on each one and basted them ready to sew down. 

I sewed the smaller patch to the inside of the flap on his bag. Being canvas, there was a lot of tugging the needle through leaving my hands sore. In the end, it turned out fabulous. 

This allows grandson to show the words to people to let them know he is diabetic and needs carbohydrates. He will be in Japan for 2 weeks and this is a safety net for him if he needs help. 

When daughter-n-law and grandson delivered the bag, we walked the garden. I showed them the cucumbers (3 bigger ones now) and we looked at the peppers. The bell peppers are about 40% grown with lots of little ones coming. The jalapeño peppers are loaded with tiny peppers. There is going to be a lot of them for son. Carrots were pulled (9" long) and a couple of ripe tomatoes eaten. We looked at the weeding I had done and enjoyed our time outside. 

I did no other sewing or knitting yesterday. I was over to family's delivering the bag and we chatted and laughed. We were all tired from waking up so early to the storm yesterday morning. 

Today

I am going to do a bit of housework before taking the car to New Minas for a check up. I will be home in good time and may work in the sewing room. I do hope to knit tonight. We wait and see.

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment